Walter Sutton to Bowerman.

flyingleaf

Howdy. Y'all probably never heard of the Mule Team:rolleyes: but here we are and had to downsize for some weird reasons out of our control:unsure:. (Well too many complaining passengers:angry:, go figure). Well we bought a smaller bird. A neat old Commander. The only thing I can complain about is there is no head on that thing which means a "limited" amount of "beverages":unsure:. Any way lets go to work. "Hey T-Bone I just don't like them dirt runways. Look at our bird she's filthy. Did y'all load up Lana's spuds, eggs and whatever else she wants?" He yells at me:"Yeah I did work my butt off where the heck was y'all"? I said:"Well I had a beer with Walter:P:DHe's such a nice guy and he showed me around his farm. The only thing I didn't like is when he showed me them cows, I stepped into a "Meadow Muffin":wacko:and that wasn't so nice". All right lets go.  "Aw man look at that weather. T y'all got that AAA road Atlas for our flight plan?:rolleyes:He says:"Ooops Cap'K I forgot it on the hood of Walters tractor.:unsure: Aw  man that's OK T. All we's gotta do is to find the Columbia River and when we see the Pacific we's turn right. Easy:D. No sweat.2grVBDx.jpgOk here we go. Oh T there is Walter and his buddy and I just saw our AAA road Atlas fly of into the wind from the hood of his tractor:lol:.NlVqFIi.jpgNlVqFIi.jpgYup that's it.bYSkc8J.jpgHey, lookey here T. The Columbia. Now I knows where we is:rolleyes:Will yer git us a beer T. T: "OK K. Oooops Cap'n I fergit them beers. Them beers was with our tripple A road Atlas". :unsure::angry:. "Ah, man T go have a look see in Lana's goodies. He climbs into the back an yells: Nope there ain't no beers.bJKJ0Qc.jpgMe:angry:I lite a Z-gar and say quietly to old T-Bone: When we git to Bowerman Y'all wash our plane. Got it? I hope it'll teach yer never ever to fergit them beers. Old T says: Got it:(Well let's enjoy the Orbx PNWdR9eEC9.jpgThe beautiful Columbia Valley heading for Astoria.llyGYKu.jpgHey, T I wonder if my TV is on that freighter down there?j9b8ICN.jpgMan that is one heck of a bridge dividing Oregon from Washington. Jack S. flew a 747 under that bridge, not once but twice:rolleyes:VS4jKly.jpgI think this is Long Beach, WA not the one in California.Y5ZLXhd.jpgOK T we's getting close. Before landing checklist. T-Bone: Hide all empty beer bottles. Check. Didn't have any. Me: Can yer see the airport? T: Nope but I see nice fish boats:o.L4ocqAu.jpgOK got the airport. Ah Lana y'all better have a few icy cold ones for me while T-Bone washes the plane:PLNGtE8l.jpgLook at them "cute little legs"UDIEWKK.jpgFighting a nasty little crosswind but no sweat.IpBa9fm.jpgWeel here we are Lana is all happy with them fresh supplies. I'm happy with the icy cold beers watching T-Bone washing and waxing the Commander:DBeforeWgaCG7i.jpgAnd afterkMSanUE.jpgThanks for coming along. Cheers the Mule Team:Dk

An outstanding post, Karl. I can´t describe what I like most: The weather, the looks of the adequate plane or the cleaning effect (how´d ya do that?).

Great flight planning as well, but how could you forget that vital part of your freight?

Thank you so much Gerold. The cleaning effect is all T-Bones doing:rolleyes:. (No the liveries come dirty or clean it's Milton Shupe's wonderful plane). Yes, that vital part of our freight was indeed a very bad oversight:angry: and I, however, can assure you it wont happen ever again:P:D

I like that down and dirty paint Karl, but it just looks out of place on a Mule Team aircraft. :D  I suppose the passengers are going to have to remove there shoes now and probably drink the beers out of a glass. :rolleyes::D  Anyway, great post as always. :)

Archived