Now up the west coast part 8

Jack Sawyer

And now the landing in KMCO, Orlando.  Thanks for viewing.

Nl1iCnP.jpg

OIqerc1.png

ujNDBP2.png

EJXkfFO.jpg

I've mentioned this before. When I was a kid, my grandmother used to take me to a street in East Boston that's directly below the runway.

We'd look UP at the jets taking off.

I always called the 727's "whale tails." Good memories.

Pjyzd8R.png

jWX7BZz.jpg

kIWYVfS.jpg

2 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Nice to recall those precious moments.:)  

Thanks Karl. Yeah, I was a little kid and loved whales so it makes sense.  But looking up at those t-tails, the NOISE they made, and the black smoke they belched, you could actually feel it.

Jack,

Looks like a must have region for XP11. I was going to wait till the P3D v4 is released. My success with TE Washington & NoCal has cajoled me change my decision.

My main concern is loading times. Some say it takes 10-15 minutes to load the TE FL region. Is this true?

TE NoCal & PNW take about 3 minutes to load on my system.

Thanks!

Jose

5 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Jack,

Looks like a must have region for XP11. I was going to wait till the P3D v4 is released. My success with TE Washington & NoCal has cajoled me change my decision.

My main concern is loading times. Some say it takes 10-15 minutes to load the TE FL region. Is this true?

TE NoCal & PNW take about 3 minutes to load on my system.

Thanks!

Jose

Hi Jose, when I first installed it, I put it on an external 1 TB Western Digital USB 3 drive. So when I ran XP it was taking so long I couldn't abide by it.  I didn't even wait, but it was over 15 minutes.  

So I used CTRL-ALT-DEL and shut down it all and used the very best feature of Central to create a library on an internal SSD. Now it loads in like one minute.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Jose, when I first installed it, I put it on an external 1 TB Western Digital USB 3 drive. So when I ran XP it was taking so long I couldn't abide by it.  I didn't even wait, but it was over 15 minutes.  

So I used CTRL-ALT-DEL and shut down it all and used the very best feature of Central to create a library on an internal SSD. Now it loads in like one minute.

Big difference. THANK YOU!

I only use SSDs, so now loading times should not be an issue.

Simular to your 'East Coast' journey, again a complete show of the goodies of TE-Fla via so many fine captures collected in the 8 succeeding flights, very well done ;)

And now a 'zigzag' coast to coast from north to south? 8)

3 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Simular to your 'East Coast' journey, again a complete show of the goodies of TE-Fla via so many fine captures collected in the 8 succeeding flights, very well done ;)

And now a 'zigzag' coast to coast from north to south? 8)

Any thanks!  Yes, I did something similar to what you describe in the TBM 900, will post soon.  It's such a nice area in XP.

Archived