Looking for Dumbarton Castle

VH-KDK

Calum asked for some snaps of Dumbarton Castle.

I finally found the time this evening to go and look.

1.D566ylp.jpg

2.fzQ5ebK.jpg

3.bQcJNdb.jpg

4.UrOQsK6.jpg

5.gCD0Ad0.jpg

I hope these are of help to you Calum.

The Son's ground comes up well!

A beautiful part of the world which I have yet to explore but having just bought Florida and Cal Nor I don't know when I will find the time to come back.

59 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Calum asked for some snaps of Dumbarton Castle.

I finally found the time this evening to go and look.

These are brilliant VH-KDK, thank you very much for taking a swing by for me.  Very much appreciated!  Cheers,

Calum

9 hours ago, Caluma65 said:

These are brilliant VH-KDK, thank you very much for taking a swing by for me.  Very much appreciated!  Cheers,

Calum

That is fine Calum, I was busy yesterday including installing TE FL which took some 14 hours, otherwise I would have had it for you earlier!:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Martyn. There is so much to explore in the UK, where to start :):)

Cheers Bernd, that is very true. I haven't flown in the Glasgow area for ages and naturally it is so much better now with TE.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots of a very beautiful area Martyn.  I’m with Bernd, where to start, I’m getting overwhelmed with all the places to fly now.  First world problems right?

Thanks Jack, we are spoiled for choice these days and so much to see out of the office window that I spend even more time out of the cockpit when flying!

47 minutes ago, captainbluesky said:

Very nice shots Martyn.

Many thanks, these are the total opposite to your wonderful sky views aren't they!

Maybe I should change my name to Captain Greengrass but I am not sure if Claude would approve.:unsure:

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is fine Calum, I was busy yesterday including installing TE FL which took some 14 hours, otherwise I would have had it for you earlier!:rolleyes:

Absolutely no problem.  I very much appreciate you taking the time do that for me.  You're a gentleman!

I was born in Dumbarton in 1986, only a few miles from here and have many happy memories as a child climbing the castle, so I was delighted to hear that it would be included and to see it modelled so well.  I would also often go to support the 'Sons' at the football club next door.  Thanks once again. :)

Cheers,  Calum

On 2/13/2020 at 8:28 AM, Caluma65 said:

Absolutely no problem.  I very much appreciate you taking the time do that for me.  You're a gentleman!

I was born in Dumbarton in 1986, only a few miles from here and have many happy memories as a child climbing the castle, so I was delighted to hear that it would be included and to see it modelled so well.  I would also often go to support the 'Sons' at the football club next door.  Thanks once again. :)

Cheers,  Calum

Thanks Calum, unlike me, you haven't strayed much from your birthplace. 

Archived