The Mystery of Coffs Harbour

Hi Guys,

I haven't been to Coffs Harbour in sometime, today I made a return and found some changes. At last few visits I had a  Boeing 737 (I think), loading/unloading and a few guys airside working, now - nothing, just the terminal and surrounds. The promo pics show the aircraft and the guys.  Also  for some time now, I have been confused by the ORBX YSCH but when you lodge a flightplan you have to use YCFS, anyone know the reason for this? 

Thanks 

Don

2 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Hi Guys,

I haven't been to Coffs Harbour in sometime, today I made a return and found some changes. At last few visits I had a  Boeing 737 (I think), loading/unloading and a few guys airside working, now - nothing, just the terminal and surrounds. The promo pics show the aircraft and the guys.  Also  for some time now, I have been confused by the ORBX YSCH but when you lodge a flightplan you have to use YCFS, anyone know the reason for this? 

Thanks 

Don

Hi Don

If you don't have the animations I think you might verify the files for the object flow and libraries

Also , I think the product ( in the configuration) brings in the very top an option to select

If you have Australia v2 you need to tick it

Verify those and report resutls

Cheers

Carlos

5 hours ago, chumley said:

May be something to do with the age of the scenery.

Just for the record - Coffs Harbour Airport -  might just be a part of the history of Orbx

If my memory serves me right - Coffs was the very first Orbx airport - 

sometime in the Blues - Greens - Reds and Gold  - periods of Orbx infancy.

It could be construed as  - a sort of an Australian version of the Flight Sim historical Chicago "MEGS"

PS - The harbour site - just underneath the take off to the North  - has a great Fish and Chips takeaway8)

I think The first orbx airport was Tamworth if I'm not mistaken. As for the ICAO code, that probably has changed since the release of the scenery and if you use real world navigation data you'll end up with two ICAO codes for the same airport. In FSX/P3D it's not even possible to completely remove an existing old ICAO code from the database, so even if ORBX revised their scenery and assigned the new code, you'd end up with two airports showing up on the same location, for example in the GPS or the ATC menu. Same is the case with newer releases like Glacier Park. 

6 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Don

If you don't have the animations I think you might verify the files for the object flow and libraries

Also , I think the product ( in the configuration) brings in the very top an option to select

If you have Australia v2 you need to tick it

Verify those and report resutls

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos, thanks for assisting. I verified the files, and checked to ensure the box at the top in the config file was ticked - it wasn't, is now:)

not much success. this is what I've got, one plane I didn't have before no Virgin 737 or baggage handlers etc. My version is 1.6

368969798_Coffs1.thumb.JPG.89d8fb4fca0644d8c66096d17206f0bd.JPG

Regards,

Don

Hi Don this is what I see at YSCH which is what I think you are missing for some reason.

BTW I think Jandakot YPJT was Orbx's first airport from memory but I'm old and don't trust it too much LoL ;-)

Day of Release Date        Airport Name
1-Nov-08    YPJT    Perth Jandakot Airport
1-Nov-08    YSCH    Coffs Harbour Airport

16012020-2020-jan-16-004.jpg

16012020-2020-jan-16-003.jpg

Hello Don,

this:

is what the airport looks like after I have disabled objectflow.

Perhaps you have it installed but disabled, not installed or even two versions at the same time.

Whichever it is, your objectflow is not working and causing you the problem.

9 hours ago, Ticker7 said:

Hi Don this is what I see at YSCH which is what I think you are missing for some reason.

BTW I think Jandakot YPJT was Orbx's first airport from memory but I'm old and don't trust it too much LoL ;-)

Day of Release Date        Airport Name
1-Nov-08    YPJT    Perth Jandakot Airport
1-Nov-08    YSCH    Coffs Harbour Airport

16012020-2020-jan-16-004.jpg

16012020-2020-jan-16-003.jpg

Thanks mate. to quote you -" but I'm old and don't trust it too much" :) don't know how old you are, but I'm 82 next month, my trust in myself went out the door ages ago:lol:

Regards,

Don

14 hours ago, fabs79 said:

I think The first orbx airport was Tamworth if I'm not mistaken. As for the ICAO code, that probably has changed since the release of the scenery and if you use real world navigation data you'll end up with two ICAO codes for the same airport. In FSX/P3D it's not even possible to completely remove an existing old ICAO code from the database, so even if ORBX revised their scenery and assigned the new code, you'd end up with two airports showing up on the same location, for example in the GPS or the ATC menu. Same is the case with newer releases like Glacier Park. 

Thanks, wasn't aware of that.

17 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Just for the record - Coffs Harbour Airport -  might just be a part of the history of Orbx

If my memory serves me right - Coffs was the very first Orbx airport - 

sometime in the Blues - Greens - Reds and Gold  - periods of Orbx infancy.

It could be construed as  - a sort of an Australian version of the Flight Sim historical Chicago "MEGS"

PS - The harbour site - just underneath the take off to the North  - has a great Fish and Chips takeaway8)

Thanks John, if I get down there again, I'll be sure to check out the Fish and Chips

Don

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Don,

this:

is what the airport looks like after I have disabled objectflow.

Perhaps you have it installed but disabled, not installed or even two versions at the same time.

Whichever it is, your objectflow is not working and causing you the problem.

Hi Nick, Thanks for your help. I've checked out your suggestions and found two Object Flow 2 entries in my P3Dv4 Addon Folder, one was enabled, the other disabled. I enabled the disabled file, and disabled the enabled file, restarted P3D - no change. So, I have to assume it goes a bit deeper than that. Should I remove the Coffs file and reinstall it, and if so how do I go about that. I had a look in Central but couldn't see any instructions on how to do this. Thanks

Don

YSCH object flow 1.JPG

YSCH object flow 2.JPG

14 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Don

Delete your Orbx object flow folder in your document folder

The one in the library should remain enabled

That will fix your issue

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks Carlos, FIXED:) deleting that file did it, thanks heaps mate

Regards

Don

Coffs fixed.JPG

9 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Ticker 7

how do you manage to take panoramic shots?  :)

Hi  Carlosqr I'm running three 24 inch monitors at 5760 x 1080 as one monitor I have another 24 inch underneath them for instruments all four run on my xgtx1080Ti and my CDU from a 650Ti. I use a screen capture program called Snapper and set the size in there.

• 4 weeks later...

As well as the fish and chips, there's a place at the Coffs Marina where you can sit, look at the seagulls and the boats, and have a delicious cold beer (or two). I know I'm not the only one, but I recently had to visit Coffs airport, (I live in the Hunter Valley, 377km away) and experienced an incredible deja vu. It's just like the ORBX version! Funny that.

Archived