America, France and Australia.

VH-KDK

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Don, hazy blue skies here today Don but some rain clouds would be nice.

We’re under a seemingly perpetual flood watch.  I wish there was a way to ship all this rain to Australia.  It’s saddening to read a billion animals have perished.  And I didn’t know so many people did this deliberately too.  So sad.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

We’re under a seemingly perpetual flood watch.  I wish there was a way to ship all this rain to Australia.  It’s saddening to read a billion animals have perished.  And I didn’t know so many people did this deliberately too.  So sad.

Thanks Jack, it is so sad as at least us people can evacuate with plenty of time but the creatures have little idea of what is going on.

They have had bigger fires  before and the wildlife has come back we hope it happens this time. There are species that were on the brink so there is great fear held for them.

We could do with some rain and there are a few storms popping up on the radar and heading our way but we really need steady rain for a few days and not a thundery downpour.

Any rain you can send us would be gratefully accepted, but we would probably have to pay import duty on it!

85% of fires have been started deliberately or due to accidents, i.e. power lines.

Dry lightning is to blame for the majority of the rest and these have been in the more inaccessible mountain areas.

With the Indian Ocean Dipole weakening we are hoping for a return to some more sustained rainfall soon.

Archived