Jump

VH-KDK

Lake Merwin and the Merwin Dam in Washington.

9JnNQq7.jpg

So, it is said that on the 24th November 1971 the dam was illuminated to give a certain D.B.Cooper a landmark when he did his famous jump from a 727, weighed down with $200k in ransom money.

This is an awesome shot!  Now it gives a view on where it was.  And he did it at night.  What an insane thing to do though.  And I remember all the 727's later had "D.B. Cooper" switches installed, it was a simple device.  The wind stream would simply move a lever to physically block the door from opening.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

So, it is said that on the 24th November 1971 the dam was illuminated to give a certain D.B.Cooper a landmark when he did his famous jump from a 727, weighed down with $200k in ransom money.

amazing story behind your beautiful shot (great in xp11)  :) I read the following details from my friend wiki D._B._Cooper jump story

(at present maybe is he hiden somewhere in Australia ? maybe near Mooroopna...who knows ? :o:P)

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This is an awesome shot!  Now it gives a view on where it was.  And he did it at night.  What an insane thing to do though.  And I remember all the 727's later had "D.B. Cooper" switches installed, it was a simple device.  The wind stream would simply move a lever to physically block the door from opening.

That is an interesting outcome to this Jack. I wonder if they will ever find out what happened to him.

3 hours ago, jean marc said:

amazing story behind your beautiful shot (great in xp11)  :) I read the following details from my friend wiki D._B._Cooper jump story

(at present maybe is he hiden somewhere in Australia ? maybe near Mooroopna...who knows ? :o:P)

I am too young Jean Marc and not smart enough to have planned this although jumping out of a 727 is not a very clever thing to do, is it.

Archived