Back to the sixties

VH-KDK

1.3Lat4kh.jpg

Well this first view could be from the 60s with the Bristol 170, Mini and Zombie Van at Essendon. In the days before YMML was built Essendon was Melbourne's International airport.

2.qYd6Xv3.jpg

My first views of the FS Addons Bristol, a very welcome addition to my hangar and a first class Christmas present to myself. 

3.riezyDQ.jpg

Plenty of excellent animations. As well as the loading ramp with vehicles there are the chocks and also pitot tube covers which blow in the wind!

4.v84wXGf.jpg

Climbing rapidly, er no, a very pedestrian pace for this old timer that first flew in 1945.

5.HoQzpXN.jpg

Melbourne's weather stays the same though with sunny skies quickly turning overcast.

A top class plane with plenty of detail, a very informative manual and excellent customer support.

Well done FS Addons!

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Martyn, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a variation on Big Head?  I like these shots and what a unique cargo plane this is!

Thanks for that Jack. No, Big Head was based on the DC-4 and was built in the early 60s but Little Big Nose was from the very end of WW2 and first flew late in 1945.

A similar concept though with the raised cockpit to allow for front end loading.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I can nearly see the Beatles arriving at Essendon with all these vehicles selected by you.

Happy Christmas, Martyn!

Thanks Gerold, maybe by then they would have had some more "up market" transport, like an Austin Cambridge!:lol:

A Happy Christmas to you as well.

43 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for that Jack. No, Big Head was based on the DC-4 and was built in the early 60s but Little Big Nose was from the very end of WW2 and first flew late in 1945.

A similar concept though with the raised cockpit to allow for front end loading.

Sure looks eerily the same.  I guess it’s coincidence 

Nice shots, Martyn! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist this beast. Did you have the Airfix kit back in the day? I remember it as one of my real favourites, along with a large-scale (1/24 maybe) F5 Talon (which I think might have been Revelle). I'm hesitating about getting this, just because P3D is some way off my go-to sim these days, but I don't suppose I'll hold out for long.

On 12/25/2019 at 7:35 AM, andy1252 said:

Nice shots, Martyn! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist this beast. Did you have the Airfix kit back in the day? I remember it as one of my real favourites, along with a large-scale (1/24 maybe) F5 Talon (which I think might have been Revelle). I'm hesitating about getting this, just because P3D is some way off my go-to sim these days, but I don't suppose I'll hold out for long.

Thanks Andy,  I did have the Airfix Bristol 170 when I was very young, my matchbox cars were the right size to fit into it! I had a big collection of kits but mostly Airfix. The neighbours young son was over the moon when I gave them all to him when I got married and moved into the tiny flat in Southampton.

I have far too many sceneries and planes to dump P3D and I spend equal time on each at the moment.

Now, next we need a beautiful Britannia!

On 12/25/2019 at 1:20 PM, adambar said:

Nice views of yout bug there Martyn. :D  Must say I never saw that one, but there of a lot of thing i've never seen. :rolleyes:

Thanks Andy, there were some in Canada but I don't know if they ever ventured south of the border!

Lots of things I have never seen either but we live in hope.

Archived