Cairns

captainbluesky

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Oh, heck, John, I'm sorry.  I thought they were just mowed fields.

Jack 

for your next OZ flight - try Orbx Cairns - to Orbx Bundaberg - about 1000 miles)

via Townsville - Hamilton - (Whit Sunday Islands - (74 of them - our Caribbean)) - and Mackay.

You will follow the line of the Australian peaks - and see plenty of "Straight Mowed Fields" :)

Having refueled there - you might complete your Journey at The Orbx Gold Coast Scenery and airport -  My hometown - 

having passed over only 2/3rds of Queensland's coast line -  including - my home of 25 years earlier - The famous Resort of Noosa 

I just did it all in reverse - and will share the pics later

My Ex 25 ex home - Noosa but traveling North - and another Famous Queensland landmark on the itinerary - Hichinbrook Channel 

Hichinbrook Passage.JPG

Approaching Noosa.jpg

2 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

for your next OZ flight - try Orbx Cairns - to Orbx Bundaberg - about 1000 miles)

via Townsville - Hamilton - (Whit Sunday Islands - (74 of them - our Caribbean)) - and Mackay.

You will follow the line of the Australian peaks - and see plenty of "Straight Mowed Fields" :)

Having refueled there - you might complete your Journey at The Orbx Gold Coast Scenery and airport -  My hometown - 

having passed over only 2/3rds of Queensland's coast line -  including - my home of 25 years earlier - The famous Resort of Noosa 

Thanks John.  I'm going to print this so I can do it sometime soon.  Very limited time to fly in the sim though, and I like to bounce all around the globe.  What I was hoping to find is some Orbx airport parts in Australia that can handle a 737.

23 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John.  I'm going to print this so I can do it sometime soon.  Very limited time to fly in the sim though, and I like to bounce all around the globe.  What I was hoping to find is some Orbx airport parts in Australia that can handle a 737.

Jack

you came in just as I was modding my post

The only Orbx airports that can handle a 737 on this trip are Cairns - Brisbane - and Gold Coast - there are 4 others but too small

Between GC - and Sydney there is only one At Coffs Harbour,

However - Why a 737 ?? ------- - at 35000 feet - you will not be seeing Australia - and the only way to see our continent is at 5000 max

If you haven't got it - Orbx Australia V2 - whilst  not TE is very good for VFR - and the airports in it  are also quite good and with nav aids.

Here's me flying from Coffs Harbour (Orbx very first airport) - approaching the GC at 4000 - and the 2 earlier shots are AV2 - Zoom the shots to show the AV2 detail

rear view approaching Tweed-GC.jpg

Hi John, thanks.  Why a 737?  I really like them.  I reckon I could fly an A2A plane, and I might, but my goal is to use the new NGXu.  As much as I like scenery I really love approaches.  Yes, I do have v2, in fact I think I have everything Orbx makes for both sims except for one or two.

We'll see what happens as I don't have a lot of time to fly in the sims right now due to some very serious personal issues. :( 

11 hours ago, John Heaton said:

The only Orbx airports that can handle a 737 on this trip are Cairns - Brisbane - and Gold Coast - there are 4 others but too small

Do not forget the OZx fields of Townsville, Rockhampton and Hamilton - these are big enough as well on the way from Cairns to GC.

And I am sure, Jack will be able to land his 737 on any bushstrip as well ;D!

Archived