Introducing TrueEarth Florida for XP11 - with new TrueColour technology!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/9/2020 at 1:46 PM, StevePHL said:

TE FL is terrific.  Love the huge water masks and the many landmarks.  I'm sure the glitches will be sorted quickly.  I do hope they will add Fort Jefferson, the Boca Raton Resort, the Don CeSar Hotel, and The Breakers Hotel.  

Yes, why are those icons missing, along with the Hard Rock “guitar” hotel ?

On 2/10/2020 at 1:12 AM, John Venema said:

We’ve released a quick hotfix for the Cape Canaveral area, just update TE FL from Orbx Central.

I didn’t know this released. Just by chance I looked at this thread. Can you guys have automatic email notifications when updates are released ?

@chifan90 Yeah, I think they will add things here and there as they have time.  It's hard to know all of the important FL landmarks if you're not from the place.  Obviously, there is no end to what could be added.  But if we suggest some of the major ones, maybe they'll show up.  I think with projects like this, it's good to release it, get some feedback, then top it off.

On 2/2/2020 at 3:04 PM, chifan90 said:

It’s already Monday in AU, so your comment makes sense haha. 

can you comment on TE SoCal eta? And why that got pushed back for TE FL?

also, what’s the next TE scenery for the US? 
Ideas-

Hawaii; including Pearl Harbor ?  
Colorado 

missouri + St. Louis - 

@chifan90       right here my friend:

3 hours ago, chifan90 said:

I didn’t know this released. Just by chance I looked at this thread. Can you guys have automatic email notifications when updates are released ?

Automatic notifications are not everyone's preference.

You can set them up for yourself, like this:

2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 5:42 PM, Nick Cooper said:

aprx. when it is finished.:)

oh, Dr. Funny :)

another one for you and John:

heading already for the after-SOCAL time: Any chances for a North-East Package as a next step?

There is massive lacks of coverage in the area from Boston down to D.C., including NYC's burbs, which need to cover with the ugly autogen.

i know i might be too speedy for Dr. Funny again, but since you need to plan ahead, you might accept this inspirational request for good.

This area has the highest densitiy of aviation and population in the entire world, it combines beautiful sights and challenges, provides utmost diversity,

and it is the most flown sector in flight sim products. 

I am aware this could be your most challenging project, the more it is worth.

thanks for considering.

16 hours ago, fdepues@gmail.com said:

do I have to play with each and every ortho that has water in it?

Yes you do.

It's called TrueEarth for a reason - that is, the muddy waters are there in real life and I'm not sure why you would want to remove that accuracy from your flights and situational awareness.

i am a bit confused about the split of Custom vs. Overlay. 

i was assuming overlay delivers autogen residentials mainly while custom covers the landmarks.

to gain fps i was playing around with the overlay/object density and it appears some key buildings (e.g. in Miami) go away with that.

I also experience that all the residentials are only covered when x-plane's object density is on very high.

is this correct or is there something i don't see?

thanks for a bit more detailed answer. 

On 1/28/2020 at 1:56 PM, B-7 said:

Hi Jeff. As far as I managed to learn, you generally don't even need to touch the .obj files. It's pretty much enough to create an apt.dat and define the needed helipads in it as a prefab or transparent objects. That's enough to create a landable space that will be recognized by the RA and the physics.

there is like 3 real life rooftop helipads in the entire state of Florida if i am not wrong, this is one:

37988762lh.png

15 hours ago, FRI737 said:

Please get this ready for P3D soon!

Can you confirm if you're already working on it of if the project is queued behind other projects?

It has been confirmed that it will be converted to P3d. But it will take some time. Somewhere in this post, there was a statement that it is quite complicated because they can not convert it as easy as other TE scenerys. It will for sure come after SoCal, and the other california / Pacific sets as far as I understood. I don't expect it before mit oder late summer, but that is my very own personal and not official opinion judging the statements i saw.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, pica said:

oh, Dr. Funny :)

another one for you and John:

heading already for the after-SOCAL time: Any chances for a North-East Package as a next step?

There is massive lacks of coverage in the area from Boston down to D.C., including NYC's burbs, which need to cover with the ugly autogen.

i know i might be too speedy for Dr. Funny again, but since you need to plan ahead, you might accept this inspirational request for good.

This area has the highest densitiy of aviation and population in the entire world, it combines beautiful sights and challenges, provides utmost diversity,

and it is the most flown sector in flight sim products. 

I am aware this could be your most challenging project, the more it is worth.

thanks for considering.

38032577ul.png

On 2/26/2020 at 7:49 AM, John Venema said:

Yes you do.

It's called TrueEarth for a reason - that is, the muddy waters are there in real life and I'm not sure why you would want to remove that accuracy from your flights and situational awareness.

Do you know, when it will be released for P3D?

It will come to P3D, but as said some times in here already, it could take some time to convert because of the Groundpoly pictures that can not be converted that easy with that scenery. There is no date announced but i don't think it will arrive before june / july, now in these times especially... 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived