Introducing TrueEarth Florida for XP11 - with new TrueColour technology!

On 12/24/2019 at 3:14 AM, John Lovell said:

I have all my scenery on an external HDD and works/performs just fine

While I have the room on an internal hard drive to have all my T.E. series so far...I have about 80 percent of the world, covered with Ortho4XP.  They sit across 4 W.D My Book's, and whenever I access that 80 percent world coverage, using XPlane,  you can see the LED activity lights flash, as XP loads in the scenery files.  Works like a charm, with no 'load and wait' delay. So, you can buy every T.E. product Orbx will put out...and just keep adding USB- 2 or 3  My Books, as they are needed.  When you run out of USB ports, just use one of them, with an USB HUB extender. In otherwords...unlimited GB storage options...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks already great!

I am actually in the Florida in Vero Beach for flight training. Will Vero Beach and its airport be included aswell? This would be awesome! And what about other smaller airports like KOBE, KAPF and so on? Can you tell anything on these points? 

On 1/19/2020 at 2:28 AM, pica said:

@B-7no doubt, your expectations are shared by others (not me). All i do is explaining you that the x-plane creators made the decision to priotize collision avoidance over landable spots.

to make a building landable, it will become a hard object which gets you crashed when tipping it, yes landing on rooftop of course becomes possible, whithout creating a helipad. (will add a short video for you).

Think of X-plane as a highly open architecture environment where editability is a wide open treasure for the community, that's why it has become so successful.

Yes, the developer could have thought of putting in some roof ports for those expecting a closed product system. Since the editing is so easy - and i can tell from

my own experience, you will find a whole new world of creativity by editing the stuff to your needs. i am not advocating the dev, because your objection is valid,

but really not a severe issue, since the correction is as easy as eating a pie. If you need better guidance of how to quickly do the change (takes 30 seconds), let me know.

Hi @pica,

I'm also interested in making a building hard-surfaced so that I can land on it with a helicopter. Do you mind outlining the process of finding which .obj file I need to find based on which building I see in the sim? And all I have to do is add that ATTR line to the .obj file as you mentioned? Sounds easy enough.

Thanks,

Jeff

18 hours ago, jeff0000 said:

Hi @pica,

I'm also interested in making a building hard-surfaced so that I can land on it with a helicopter. Do you mind outlining the process of finding which .obj file I need to find based on which building I see in the sim? And all I have to do is add that ATTR line to the .obj file as you mentioned? Sounds easy enough.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff. As far as I managed to learn, you generally don't even need to touch the .obj files. It's pretty much enough to create an apt.dat and define the needed helipads in it as a prefab or transparent objects. That's enough to create a landable space that will be recognized by the RA and the physics.

On 1/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, John Venema said:

Yes it is, a few months away though.

John,

I know that this is the XP version, but are the airports being updated slightly with people flow etc?

I really love the freeware NA/EU pack. Easy on fps and the airports were nicely updated.

Jose

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

This week is Florida week. You have my word on that :) 

It’s already Monday in AU, so your comment makes sense haha. 

can you comment on TE SoCal eta? And why that got pushed back for TE FL?

also, what’s the next TE scenery for the US? 
Ideas-

Hawaii; including Pearl Harbor ?  
Colorado 

missouri + St. Louis - 

It looks fantastic. Now we need to adapt all the airports to this Orbx environment. It will take a while.

Forget VFR scenery for Miami, Jacksonville, Sarasota, Orlando, Tampa, ... True Florida has way better buildings anyway.
I decided to keep my ZL21 tiles for my airports (NAPS) in Florida.
You want to keep this pearl to the max (objects: Max), but in some areas including airports it's hard on FPS. Expect minus 10 FPS.

The colours for water are a little bit too greenish or brownish for my taste in shallow areas like bays or intercoastal waterways. I don't see it when flying for real.

With ORBX we may not need Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Archived