Flying purple pilot eater.

olderndirt

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Two engines to power this thing? Good gravy, how does it even get off the ground with all that weight?

1500 lbs empty (250 more than the Pacer).  2500 lbs gross (500 more than Pacer).  Each engine rated at 130 hp.  Fixed Slats -Double slotted wide span flaps.  Big tail feathers.  Center line thrust so nothing funny when one quits.  With the belly tank, nine hours endurance.

9 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

1500 lbs empty (250 more than the Pacer).  2500 lbs gross (500 more than Pacer).  Each engine rated at 130 hp.  Fixed Slats -Double slotted wide span flaps.  Big tail feathers.  Center line thrust so nothing funny when one quits.  With the belly tank, nine hours endurance.

500 more that a Pacer?  is this thing made of cast iron? :lol:  And only 130 hp?  I think a Prius has more horse don't it? :lol:

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

500 more that a Pacer?  is this thing made of cast iron? :lol:  And only 130 hp?  I think a Prius has more horse don't it? :lol:

Simply put - empty it weighs only 250 lbs more than my Pacer.  Gross is 500 lbs more than Pacer therefore useful load is 250 lbs more than the Pacer.  Pacer had 160 hp on a good day and the DE has (2)130 hp for total of 260 hp for takeoff.

Archived