BUG REPORT - TE Oregon - Tillamook - Fix attached - post 73

Hello! When I first bought the Oregon scenery I was tickled to notice the fancy refurbished Tillamook Creamery was represented. I recently updated to the latest scenery and happened to notice the creamery building has reverted to it's earlier state. Truly something only a coast guy would care about, but thought I'd pass it along. 

creamery-before.png

creamery-after.png

• Upvote 1

Interesting, I was at Tillamook Creamery about 2-3 weeks ago with my wife and mother-in-law ... I'll have to check this out ... the buildings in the 1st picture are accurate, but it suffers a purple shift.  The 2nd image has no purple shift, but is missing the actual POI.  Perhaps this is how Orbx addressed the "purple haze" and had to revert back to a different imagery base?

Cheers, Rob.

I'm having trouble with the order of my scenery packs. I own TrueEarth Oregon (SD) and just updated to version 1.1.0. I also have some Ortho4XP files installed (but none for Oregon - only other states). Upon the installation of 1.1.0, it seems the scenery_packs file order got mixed up and I can't seem to resolve it. 

Right now, some of the custom Orbx models are displaying properly, while others are not. For example, I can see Autzen Stadium in Eugene, but the Tillamook Air Museum building is just a generic warehouse-looking block, rather than the custom model. 

Can I please get some assistance reordering these correctly? Thank you. 

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a - Machmell Fisheries Camp 2.0/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_L52_A_Oceano_County/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_ENHA_A_Hamar_Flyplass/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_Europe V8.0/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_FSE_Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_USA-East/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_USA-Middle/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_USA-West/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_North-America/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_Library V8.0 MisterX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco Cable Cars/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Golden Gate Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Oakland Bay Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/3D_people_library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/yOrtho4XP_Overlays/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z_ortho_Arizona_Grand_Canyon_HD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z_ortho_CA_San_Franciso_HD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z_ortho_Washington_2017/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z_ortho_California_v5/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z_ortho_Idaho_2017/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z_ortho_Nevada_2017/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z_ortho_Arizona_2017/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

Thanks for your response. That doesn't seem to have obviously changed anything. I'm still missing the Tillamook Air Museum. That's the only unique building I'm aware of that's missing, but I haven't had time to go looking for others. 

I ran "verify files" in Orbx and that also doesn't seem to have changed anything. I'm still apparently missing some custom buildings.

What is indicating that you are missing some custom buildings? What is the source of the info you have that for example Tillamook Air Museum is missing?

@Tony Wroblewski Tony can you advise if there is a list of POI/custom buildings in Oregon SD. The OP says for example that some custom buildings are missing like Tillamook Air Museum, but I don't know if that building is actually modelled in Oregon SD. My assumption is that if you run Verify Files then any missing files like some custom buildings, would have been downloaded and installed.

@BibimbapWhat is the size of your Oregon SD install folders? My copy reads:

Custom= 2.02GB 2187 files, 48 folders

Overlay= 1.53GB 6282 files 91 folders

Orthos=54.8GB 50041 files, 5folders

10 hours ago, Bibimbap said:

Thanks for your response. That doesn't seem to have obviously changed anything. I'm still missing the Tillamook Air Museum. That's the only unique building I'm aware of that's missing, but I haven't had time to go looking for others. 

I ran "verify files" in Orbx and that also doesn't seem to have changed anything. I'm still apparently missing some custom buildings.

Could you be referring to the "Tillamook Air Museum" that was once a "Tillamook Creamery"? If its missing it should indicate that in your "
log.txt" file.

2019-10-11 01_08_37-Window.jpg

Edited by Sentry11

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

What is indicating that you are missing some custom buildings? What is the source of the info you have that for example Tillamook Air Museum is missing?

Tillamook air museum is almost certainly in the scenery as it stands out for miles :). Are you actually seeing any landmarks, e.g. In Portland are there any custom buildings at all?

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

@Tony Wroblewski Tony can you advise if there is a list of POI/custom buildings in Oregon SD. The OP says for example that some custom buildings are missing like Tillamook Air Museum, but I don't know if that building is actually modelled in Oregon SD. My assumption is that if you run Verify Files then any missing files like some custom buildings, would have been downloaded and installed.

@BibimbapWhat is the size of your Oregon SD install folders? My copy reads:

Custom= 2.02GB 2187 files, 48 folders

Overlay= 1.53GB 6282 files 91 folders

Orthos=54.8GB 50041 files, 5folders

Source of my info: The missing building I am referring to is shown in one of the sample photos advertising the TrueEarth Oregon package. See image below from the Orbx site. I'm not seeing the correct model. I'm seeing a very generic warehouse-looking boxy building in its place, rather than this unique blimp hangar. 

The Tillamook Air Museum is an unmistakable building that can be seen from airport KTMK. 

The size of my Oregon SD install folders:

Custom = 2.01 GB, 2188 files, 48 folders

Overlay = 1.54 GB, 6282 files, 91 folders

Orthos = 54.8 GB, 50041 files, 5 folders

Air Museum.PNG

There is definitely some anomaly here. I see the rust coloured building with "Museum" written on it, BUT it appears to be sat on top of the white building that @Sentry11shows in his pic. My scenery_packs.ini is correctly layered. I then ran Verify Files for TE Oregon SD and got what you see in picture number 2. No rust coloured building but the default one with trees growing in it !

What buildings do you see @Nick Cooper or @Tony Wroblewski

1.thumb.JPG.3501b28b6ef9d7f7ff0a2a4c3f7529ef.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.01801f73dd795c4b9798f428a2dae2a1.JPG

• 1 month later...

For those who have the problem of the white rectangular building embedded in the Orbx Tillamook Museum, the issue is that it is a facade in the default KTMK and that the Orbx exclusions cannot suppress it because Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom is installed below Global Airports (as per @Jon Clarke's rearrangement of the ini file).  Moving Global Airports below Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom might solve the problem (I have not tried it) but might create new ones.  I have downloaded and modified the default KTMK by deleting the facade, saving it and placing it with other airports above the Global Airports; it works:

265367064_Cessna_172SP_G1000-2019-11-209_52_38AM.thumb.jpg.986211fb0cfce70ee4c0deb776cba964.jpg

For anyone not able to use WED to do the same and would like to use the fix, here it - just unzip and place in Custom Scenery above Global Airports.

Link removed on the instructions of the developer

2 hours ago, mauricecohen said:

For those who have the problem of the white rectangular building embedded in the Orbx Tillamook Museum, the issue is that it is a facade in the default KTMK and that the Orbx exclusions cannot suppress it because Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom is installed below Global Airports (as per @Jon Clarke's rearrangement of the ini file).  Moving Global Airports below Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom might solve the problem (I have not tried it) but might create new ones.  I have downloaded and modified the default KTMK by deleting the facade, saving it and placing it with other airports above the Global Airports; it works:

265367064_Cessna_172SP_G1000-2019-11-209_52_38AM.thumb.jpg.986211fb0cfce70ee4c0deb776cba964.jpg

For anyone not able to use WED to do the same and would like to use the fix, here it - just unzip and place in Custom Scenery above Global Airports.

KTMK Tillamook (Modified default).zip 41.22 kB · 1 download

Please be kind enough to check the zip file you attached. I have extracted it and installed as a standalone airport rather than in the default Global Airports, placed it above Global Airports but only get the rust coloured ground area where the museum should be and no 3d building.Would you attach your installed modified copy so I can see if I get a 3d building instead of just a ground texture

22 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

standalone airport rather than in the default Global Airports, placed it above Global Airports

That is exactly what I said to do

Would you attach your installed modified copy

You cannot attached an unzipped folder.  Here are the files contained in it, you just need to reconstitute the folder structure (and i am confident you will see that it is identical to the one I zipped).

+45-124.dsfapt.datearth.wed.bak.xmlearth.wed.xmlvalidation_report.txt

so I can see if I get a 3d building instead of just a ground texture

Aha! I think my fix worked, no white rectangular building, BUT you just got the "no-custom-Tillamook-Museum" from Orbx bug.

Edited by mauricecohen

Well I tried the zip, no effect. Moving global airports right below 

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Oregon_TE_Orthos/ 

Just gives me the flat texture of the Hangar, as well. Also a few other buildings seem to be missing from the airport now too. I tried just moving  global airports first, then adding the modified KTMK on top, both just gave me the flat version of the hangar with no building.

What I said was

9 hours ago, mauricecohen said:

For those who have the problem of the white rectangular building embedded in the Orbx Tillamook Museum

If you only had the white rectangular building, this will not make the museum appear, it will just make the white building disappear, so will do nothing for you.

10 hours ago, mauricecohen said:

That is exactly what I said to do

You cannot attached an unzipped folder.  Here are the files contained in it, you just need to reconstitute the folder structure (and i am confident you will see that it is identical to the one I zipped).

+45-124.dsf 1.96 kB · 0 downloads apt.dat 24.63 kB · 0 downloads earth.wed.bak.xml 229.29 kB · 0 downloads earth.wed.xml 229.27 kB · 0 downloads validation_report.txt 98 B · 0 downloads

Aha! I think my fix worked, no white rectangular building, BUT you just got the "no-custom-Tillamook-Museum" from Orbx bug.

Thanks. I was expecting to see what you see in your pic of the Museum. My misunderstanding. I was aware that you only removed the white building but your pic indicated it would then leave a space for the Orbx Museum to appear. I also meant for you to zip your installed KTMK file to see if it differed any way from the original zip you offered.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to overcome this annoying anomaly. Let's hope the Devs get working on a fix having acknowledged the anomaly.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to BUG REPORT - The Tillamook Creamery
41 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jon,

Maurice's fix included.

6.jpg

Is that with the initial attached zip, extracted and put into Custom Scenery above Global Airports? Because i did that and only got the  rust coloured ground with an imprint of Museum written on it. What is your scenery_packs layering with this added?

The visual accuracy is totally random. If you look at the early posts on this, I attached a pic which showed the museum but it was sat on the default white building. Ever since I then Verified Files i have not got the museum back at all only the white building. The new mod has removed the white building but not in my case, added the Museum as you are showing in your pic.

It is an installation error I believe. It may rectify itself by uninstalling and reinstalling but I am not personally inclined towards reinstalling. I am on the SD version. If the mod works for some then I am glad but the problem needs to be fixed for all. To date we have 4 different outcomes. 1. White building only with trees in it. 2. White building with Museum sitting on top. 3. No white building, with the mod, but a ground imprint of the museum, 4. A fix like you have.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Mine is the SD version Jon

FYI, mine is the HD.  There are two separate issues here:  the seemingly random appearance of the Orbx custom museum; and, the embedded (or standalone if the custom object is AWOL) facade from the default airport.  I think these kinds of problems will occur if Orbx relies on the XP default airports (meaning Global Airports is higher) but also places custom objects at these airports. If the default airport has an exclusion around its object/facade, the Orbx custom will be missing (this actually could explain why some people do not see the museum: their default KTMK somehow has an exclusion there), and if it does not have an exclusion, it will have an embedded default object/facade.

I believe that if Orbx wishes to place a custom object at an airport, it should provide it in a “custom airport” to be placed above the global ones.

I believe I found the source of the randomness of the custom museum appearing or not. Take a look at this snipshot of WED with the default KTMK (with the facade removed)

Capture.thumb.JPG.d188a8d6b7153df0d06e6ff13e8f5c7e.JPG

there is an exclusion zone (actually several stacked, each for a different category) that covers part of the museum footprint;  the insertion point of the Orbx custom object must be right at the edge of the exclusion zone and since there is not an absolutely exact placement by XP of scenery elements when it loads, the exclusion can or not suppress the custom museum.

It would not serve any purpose for me to remove or modify the exclusion zone in my fix, as it would still be there in Global Airports which lies between my fix and the custom Orbx.  The only sure fix is for the developers to modify the insertion point of the custom museum to be far enough away from the default exclusion zone to eliminate the probability that it would be suppressed by XP's "fuzziness" in placement.

The above struck-out text is wrong,  I will modify the fix and re-post in a few minutes after removing the exclusion, which should work because it will SUPPRESS the default, including the exclusion.

Edited by mauricecohen

I need to reactivate the forest exclusion because now trees intrude on the custom object.  Here it is again with only the object and facade exclusions removed; please try and let me know.

Link removed on the instructions of the developer

EDIT - Looking back at my screenshot of the museum, the intruding trees were already there, so this is not effective to remove the trees.