Adam's new XVision preset.

olderndirt

Though this is Portland, I used the one for TEWA - hope no eulas were violated :).  The weather is yesterday's actual and the aircraft is Carenado's C185.

Long bridge across the Columbia from Vancouver, WA to access KPDX on the Oregon side. 

adamport1.png

Portland Tower says OK - headed for the city.

adamport2.png

The Willamette River - through Portland and a long way south.

adamport3.png

Looking east over the valley to where Mt Hood is draped in Mother Nature.

adamport4.png

PORTLAND WEATHER. Yes, the clouds can be dark purple on the underside. That means run for your life because it's about to rain really hard. If they are dark grey, that means stroll toward shelter because it will soon rain steadily. If they are light grey, it means do your errands now because it will rain drearily later in the day for the rest of the day. If there are no clouds, it means carry your coat and be ready for it to rain as soon as the clouds gather again. (I grew up in Battle Ground, just across the Columbia on the Washington side.)

I too see a fair bit of purple in those clouds, but they are *amazing*. I'm guessing they're UWXP (which I don't have)?

Glad to hear the preset works OK for Oregon. I think the palette will be the same as TEWA - though I did find the colouring for TEGB needed a few tweaks (hence the separate preset).

Did I say great pics, BTW? :)

Adam.

12 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

I too see a fair bit of purple in those clouds, but they are *amazing*. I'm guessing they're UWXP (which I don't have)?

Glad to hear the preset works OK for Oregon. I think the palette will be the same as TEWA - though I did find the colouring for TEGB needed a few tweaks (hence the separate preset).

Did I say great pics, BTW? :)

Adam.

Actually I've abandoned UWXP for a while and am trying the FSEnhancer 0.6 beta - not that great with the manual 'few', 'scattered' and 'broken' cumulus but better when you choose 'current weather' and that's about how Portland was that day - not sure about the purple though.

5 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Actually I've abandoned UWXP for a while and am trying the FSEnhancer 0.6 beta - not that great with the manual 'few', 'scattered' and 'broken' cumulus but better when you choose 'current weather' and that's about how Portland was that day - not sure about the purple though.

I'm wondering whether maybe your UWXP textures/sky colours are still in place <?>.

Have you tried FlyAGI? It's really good - but you may need to disable your other/similar scripts in case of conflicts.

Adam.

Archived