Walter Sutton - XP11 and P3D

Dario

Today I tried WA79 on both XP11 and P3D.

I enjoyed them both, each one excelling in different aspects. 

But IF I had to choose only one of them, I would still choose the amazing P3D version. Why? I will respond with something @Jack Sawyer once told me, and I think it is a perfect definition: "P3D has meat on its bones." 

Don't get me wrong: the XP11 version is also a joy to fly, and IMHO it really wins on some aspects (for many people the XP11 will be the winner). Just to mention one of its wonders: the amazing surrounding area (state), TE Oregon. 

My choice was to buy both :), and I am happy with my decision. 

Here are some images from my flights, hope you like it. 

XP11

XPqvrXb.jpg

EEHQDPO.jpg

E0mHaXw.jpg

DxqSqHj.jpg

GofU5uL.jpg

jDdUjCQ.jpg

8Dmis85.jpg

wGxzRZ6.jpg

zGH3HRe.jpg

4Nj9EIN.jpg

oMZpNWW.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

P3D

ISBI8Sq.jpg

lKG32gi.jpg

PXyoKEq.jpg

wWdqmKM.jpg

rWqO4sc.jpg

hQxm9XW.jpg

h2pbgwA.jpg

aHU1XPM.jpg

0zdlm4N.jpg

Both look absolutely stunning! I too end up running both P3D and XP11 - as the strengths of one are the weaknesses of the other!

Unfortunately, I think both need shader tweaks to bring them up to that top-notch in visual terms, so it's a bit of a nightmare (for me) having to re-make PTA, TomatoShade and xVision presets every time there's a core update or hotfix! Keeps me off the streets, though ;)

Adam.

19 hours ago, BobT said:

Fabulous post Dario! It is hard to choose, but XP has it for me mainly because of the incredible ortho area surrounding it :)

Thank you very much, Bob! :) Indeed, the surrounding area makes a huge difference here! 

19 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Great shots, both sims look very similar, whatever settings you have for colors seems to have worked well :)

Thank you very much, Tony! :) 

18 hours ago, lifejogger said:

I think both sims look good, actually not a whole lot of difference.

Thank you very much! :) Agreed, the visuals are excellent in both sims. 

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well done Dario!  I can't tell a difference at all.  Both look fantastic.

Thank you very much, Jack! :) True, in both sims this scenery is amazing. 

13 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Thanks, Dario. That was a very helpful post, because it really did show the similarities and differences without prejudice. Do have to say that the cattle herd in XP got my attention. I'd love to have some realistic critters like that in P3D4.

Thank you very much, Rodger! :) Both are incredible and a pleasure to fly. 

10 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Both look absolutely stunning! I too end up running both P3D and XP11 - as the strengths of one are the weaknesses of the other!

Unfortunately, I think both need shader tweaks to bring them up to that top-notch in visual terms, so it's a bit of a nightmare (for me) having to re-make PTA, TomatoShade and xVision presets every time there's a core update or hotfix! Keeps me off the streets, though ;)

Adam.

Thank you very much, Adam! :) Agreed. I would love to get rid of these shader tweaking tools sometime in the future. But nowadays they are mandatory. 

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots Dario.

cheers

Iain

Thank you very much, Iain! :) 

Archived