Discounts

chrisdkramer

I understand the reasons behind removing the cross platform discount but I would think ORBX could have some sort of system to reward loyal customers?  I'm in hot water with my wife she found my folder of ORBX receipts.   I do appreciate the occasional sale but I would love a reward program more. 

Another sim provider has a points accrual that work towards a percentage.  Or a multi pack?  Combining all airports for a region at -30%?  Maybe a free airport if you buy a TE region? A gold star for my desktop? 

Thoughts?

Thank you

Chris

8 hours ago, chrisdkramer said:

I understand the reasons behind removing the cross platform discount but I would think ORBX could have some sort of system to reward loyal customers?  I'm in hot water with my wife she found my folder of ORBX receipts.   I do appreciate the occasional sale but I would love a reward program more. 

Another sim provider has a points accrual that work towards a percentage.  Or a multi pack?  Combining all airports for a region at -30%?  Maybe a free airport if you buy a TE region? A gold star for my desktop? 

Thoughts?

Thank you

Chris

I might be wrong because I'm not party to how ORBX structures their business model, however I think that the company acts as a collection of independent developers together with some 'in house' developers.  So using points from one developer's product to take potential income away from another developer might not be compatible with the agreements in house.

Just a thought in case you tassumed it's easy to just offer discounts etc.

15 hours ago, John Dow said:

I might be wrong because I'm not party to how ORBX structures their business model, however I think that the company acts as a collection of independent developers together with some 'in house' developers.  So using points from one developer's product to take potential income away from another developer might not be compatible with the agreements in house.

Just a thought in case you tassumed it's easy to just offer discounts etc.

I think you're right I was reading more since and I had assumed they were all under one umbrella rather than contracted.  And as luck would have it there's a sale today!

thank you

chris

On 9/26/2019 at 7:44 AM, chrisdkramer said:

Thoughts?

Thank you

Chris

You get a permanent ongoing discount that never ends, It`s called AU$, all products are sold in AU prices, where most if not all other developers sell in US/EU, So when Orbx has its annual sales you get even bigger discounts on Orbx products?

I like the idea of this "bundle sale" and would like it if ORBX would rotate through other combinations.  This particular one does not do me any good, since I have everything that I would want that is offered, and the X-Plane stuff is of no interest now.  I'd like to see one that has the Southern Alaska region bundled with some of the airports.

Many ORBX products I'll buy at the full, or in my case discounted with the "Old Coot's" price. But some I know I won't use more than a time or two, and will therefore only buy on sale. Alaska is one of these, I think. But who knows, I may get hooked.

Ken

On 9/25/2019 at 3:44 PM, chrisdkramer said:

Thoughts?

Thank you

Chris

I think you just came in time with your request

Orbx launched bundle deals which I had never seen before ( I might be late here) that look pretty well to me

5 airports at 40% discount, they are selected by them but even though if you are planning to have it all it doesn't matter what the selection is, though i found it balanced too

You should have received an e-mail with this deal...

Hope this gets your water cooler jaja

Is funny how many guys here manage the wife and the lover (Orbx) :lol:

Cheers

Carlos

My wife thoroughly supports me in my hobby,even to listening to the airport in the basement, but does raise an eyebrow when I spend money on something I'm not likely to use much.  But if it's on a good sale she's OK with it.  

Ken

18 minutes ago, chrisdkramer said:

That's the last time I put my purchase receipts in a folder called "other stuff".  Might as well call it "don't look here"  :)

chris

I don't have that problem.  My wife has her own computer, and can't even figure out how to turn mine on.  And since I run my flight simulator on two computers, she's not even sure which one is which.  But that aside, neither one of us is extravagant, and since the house is paid off, we have adequate retirement income, and we're both working (together) part time (at least for now), it's not an issue.  But I really feel for those for whom it is.  The demise of good, secure retirement options is a serious problem, and only getting worse.  But flight simulation is great, for pilot training as well as a challenging hobby, and ORBX is one of the great providers (along with Active Sky, PilotEdge, Logitek/Saitek, VRInsight, and others) that make this so realistic, satisfying, and useful for training.  Besides, it keeps these old brain cells working!

Ken

17 hours ago, Ken Q said:

But flight simulation is great, for pilot training as well as a challenging hobby, and ORBX is one of the great providers (along with Active Sky, PilotEdge, Logitek/Saitek, VRInsight, and others) that make this so realistic, satisfying, and useful for training.  Besides, it keeps these old brain cells working!

Ken

I quoted you directly!  Phrased much better than I could have.

thank you

Chris

Archived