XP11: Into LOWI at dawn

TigerTigerM

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sweet TTM!  Is this one "study level"?  I'm finding it difficult to take XP seriously with such a dearth of complex yet accurate aircraft.

I think I'll answer this one Jack with a question - what, to you, is a study level aircraft, what does it need to have?

I suspect it will be one where its a cold start & you have to flick a lot of switches to get it going & pretty well all the onboard systems are accurately modelled & if you don't treat them right they will bite you in the derriere?

I don't have the mental acumen or patience for cold start.

The MD-80 is easy to fly & probably doesn't have the system depth you are seeking.

Addressing a wider issue, I suspect that currently the best study level aircraft are in P3D & the best  scenery, (Orbx TE), is in XP.

I am finding I fly about 75% XP/25% P3D at the moment because of the visually superior TE scenery.

I go to P3D to fly a particular aircraft, eg, the L-1011, because I can't get it in XP.

If Orbx did the Americas & Europe in TE I would probably never fly P3D again.

& then there is the MS 2020 evolution in the background.:rolleyes:

TTM

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

I think I'll answer this one Jack with a question - what, to you, is a study level aircraft, what does it need to have?

I suspect it will be one where its a cold start & you have to flick a lot of switches to get it going & pretty well all the onboard systems are accurately modelled & if you don't treat them right they will bite you in the derriere?

I don't have the mental acumen or patience for cold start.

The MD-80 is easy to fly & probably doesn't have the system depth you are seeking.

Addressing a wider issue, I suspect that currently the best study level aircraft are in P3D & the best  scenery, (Orbx TE), is in XP.

I am finding I fly about 75% XP/25% P3D at the moment because of the visually superior TE scenery.

I go to P3D to fly a particular aircraft, eg, the L-1011, because I can't get it in XP.

If Orbx did the Americas & Europe in TE I would probably never fly P3D again.

& then there is the MS 2020 evolution in the background.:rolleyes:

TTM

It has to be on the level of PMDG, A2A, FSLabs, and Majestic.  I mean if a circuit breaker can disable a system when opened or pop because of a short, even better.  The more complex and deep the systems are the better.  I don't really like CTRL+E starts, a lot of guys do and I'm not knocking it but with my training I love a cold and dark start, flight planning, programming an FMC and all that stuff.

I love what I see with MSFS 2020 but if it isn't locally installed on my PC like Orbx's stuff is and I have to have a $40 per month Xbox Gold membership then they can count me out.

59 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It has to be on the level of PMDG, A2A, FSLabs, and Majestic.  I mean if a circuit breaker can disable a system when opened or pop because of a short, even better.  The more complex and deep the systems are the better.  I don't really like CTRL+E starts, a lot of guys do and I'm not knocking it but with my training I love a cold and dark start, flight planning, programming an FMC and all that stuff.

I love what I see with MSFS 2020 but if it isn't locally installed on my PC like Orbx's stuff is and I have to have a $40 per month Xbox Gold membership then they can count me out.

I think I've found your aircraft Jack.

https://store.x-plane.org/Airbus-A319-by-Toliss_p_762.html

Look at this!

"Fault injection interface with support for roughly 90 different failures and probability-based random failure injection"

That should keep you busy!:)

But seriously, it looks pretty complex in the features description, perhaps worth a look.

TTM

"

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

I think I've found your aircraft Jack.

https://store.x-plane.org/Airbus-A319-by-Toliss_p_762.html

Look at this!

"Fault injection interface with support for roughly 90 different failures and probability-based random failure injection"

That should keep you busy!:)

TTM

"

Thanks TTM!  I have indeed looked at this and the other one, forget the name now as I’m outside barbecuing chicken and drinking a nice Hoagaarden beer.  :) 

Absolutely gorgeous set of shots.  I'd love to get away from FSX:SE, but too many drawbacks for me to P3D, (cost to rebuild a computer), XP 11 (cost again as I would have to replace all my airplanes).  I'm so tired of the VAS problems.  So I can only fly about 45 minutes to an hour at best before I get the dreaded VAS warnings going off.  I can't use the ORBX  San Diego because of VAS issues.  Retirement is good.  Fixed income bad.  So I just do what I can with what I have.  But I sure enjoy seeing what you all are getting to enjoy.  

On 8/23/2019 at 3:52 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree Jack, I am not a fan of remote play programs, and I certainly am not inclined to open a XBox account just to play a flight Sim. I currently use FSX (original) and am now considering the upgrade to either P3Dv4 or XP11 along with a new system, I also need to consider the ORBx items I have purchased over the years.

Now with MSFS 2020 coming, I shall have to wait a bit longer before I decide on the Program I move to and also the system I will require.

By the way Tiger, nice pics.

Archived