My journey from FTX Central to ORBX Central, the issues I encountered and how I fixed them

Yeah, I guess I won't be buying any more Orbx if we are limited to Central 4. I'm in the process of re-downloading and installing all my Orbx scenery with Central 3. I spent over an hour clearing out P3D root of any Orbx files so I can start over clean. Everything was great in Central 3 and there was no reason to go through this. 

On 8/12/2019 at 7:51 AM, kmax59 said:

They have the time and globally I think userd here are pretty patient, if you read my topic you’ll see that I’m just trying to help. What I don’t appreciate is the fact nobody from the dev team bothers reading or answering while some major flaws were discovered.

We do read every single post. Your issues are noted. We have two options: reply to every single post, or actually fix the issues ;)

• Like 3

To all in this topic:

We are working hard to resolve any remaining issues with Orbx Central. We'll provide an update topic soon with a list of the issues we currently know about and are working to fix.

@Dust2Dust, you said "Please don't. I spoke way too soon. Just discovered another serious issue which is way more serious than the other issues I was having. I'm going back to FTX Central."

Please tell us exactly what your issue was so we can fix it. We are 100% committed to fixing every issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ben McClintock said:

We do read every single post. Your issues are noted. We have two options: reply to every single post, or actually fix the issues ;)

No need to reply to every post Ben, just one post to all of acknowledgement that you are working on our problems is sufficient and keeps us happy

Don

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

@Dust2Dust, you said "Please don't. I spoke way too soon. Just discovered another serious issue which is way more serious than the other issues I was having. I'm going back to FTX Central."

Please tell us exactly what your issue was so we can fix it. We are 100% committed to fixing every issue.

Thank you so much for the mention, Ben. I'll compile a list of all the issues and make a separate support post in a few hours. That way I believe it will be easier for the devs to keep track of it. I should have done so earlier. Sorry about that

9 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

There's indeed no need to reply to every post, but acknowledging the issue somewhere is a good idea and it took 5 days to get a confirmation the issue was noted, but anyways, glad you are aware of the issue I've found.

I'm glad I held back from installing this too soon and will wait to see what the fixes might provide.

I'm one of the very small minority of P3Dv3 users and will need to migrate soon if I wish to use the forthcoming OLC sceneries. I also have yet to start using X-Plane but have the software and have taken advantage of the cross-grade while it still exists.

What I propose to do is put both P3Dv4 and XP on a new large dedicated SSD and try using Orbx Central on that. My existing FTX Central will stay on it's own drive and continue to be used with P3Dv3. From what I'm reading that should work without issues and let me enjoy my existing old stuff while taking advanatge of the new. I'm happy to have duplicate p3Dv4 versions of all my scenery (which is almost everything to date) on the new drive, building up as I start using the sim.

And if it goes pear shaped I have images of everything and even a mirrored drive...

I'm having a terrible time with this new program.  I am able to install all my sceneries but ObjectFlow is not working.  I have stale, empty airports and no grass.  I have attempted to reinstall ObjectFlow many times but it's not working.  I hope someone can solve my problem soon.

• 2 years later...