P3D & ORBX Traffic

Matt_B_1978

Hi all, just got a brand new PC and P3D and am in the process of setting it all up but have come across something odd. I can't see traffic in ORBX Central for P3D. Is there any AI traffic from ORBX for P3D or will I have to use either the default traffic or another payware AI traffic product?

Thanks,

Matthew

Hi Matt,

There are files in the freeware sections for AI traffic for both AUS v2/New Zealand  and North America listed here:

https://orbxdirect.com/freeware  

If not already in your account (make sure you have the option to show all products, not just installed products in Central) then add them via Orbx Direct and install from your copy of Central.

In FSX, I had been using a lot of WOAI traffic and was disappointed when P3D4 appeared, that many of the aircraft were no longer compatible, and it was too much “trackle” to try and convert things to work.

So I moved to the payware MyTraffic which is pretty good but the aircraft graphics did not match WOAI planes. But I did not realize that Alpha India had made such strides in developing AI traffic.

Now the Alpha India aircraft are right up there and I have installed many of the airlines I am interested in. A very easy and straightforward installation with a special click program for P3D4, although somewhat time consuming. But it’s FREE!!  And they use the 2018-19 active flight programs for the different airlines, so my airports are swarming with AI traffic. 

I have just had a niece from Zurich staying with us, and there was their Edelweiss aircraft sitting at the gate at CYVR, on the correct date!

I have not detected any conflict with the ORBx AI traffic programs.

Nigel

Vancouver

1 hour ago, Ken Terry said:

Matt I recommend you install UT Live.   It is the best and most popular AI Traffic add-on.

see    http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utlive

Regards

Ken 

+1...…..very nice reliable program.

(p3d has quite a bit of AI  itself....check the setup page under traffic and you can set  the level you want.  All fake airlines, though.)

I would like a small amount of Civil airlines AI traffic, can UT  be adjusted for this ?
as the last AI software I had back in FSX created too many.
Also I use the excellent freeware MIAW  Matrix for Military AI traffic.   

The advantage of UT Live and Just flight's Traffic Global is, that they run completely running outside the simulator.

This means that you can set the traffic sliders in the simulator to zero and unburden the simulators processor core which should lead to better performance.

4 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

This means that you can set the traffic sliders in the simulator to zero

May I ask, by doing this, does this eliminate any of the Orbx AI traffic, for example the Orbx NA AI traffic, or is the Orbx stuff called independent of what the sim traffic sliders are set at?  I've often wondered how the Orbx AI is affected by the in-sim AI traffic settings, but never bothered to ask.

4 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

The advantage of UT Live and Just flight's Traffic Global is, that they run completely running outside the simulator.

This means that you can set the traffic sliders in the simulator to zero and unburden the simulators processor core which should lead to better performance.

P3D still has to load the physical models, so there's still gonna be a hit. I realize people want traffic outside Australia/New Zealand, but Graham's freeware traffic is perfect for the area. It includes airlines, GA, and military, tons of models and beautiful paints, all compatible with P3D. I've never used it with the sliders below 100%, both on a GTX 1060 and a 1080. Tiny hit on FPS, and no stutters. And the Orbx AI is controlled by the P3D sliders, Stewart.

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

Yes it does Stewart.

Thank you.  I think I'll go with a combination of both UTLive and Orbx AI, as long as the computer can handle the workload.  Outside PNW and those areas of Canada where the Orbx NA AI is active, it's a moot point of course, since only UTLive AI will be active.

Archived