Around CYYJ Victoria BC

BobT

49 minutes ago, BradB said:

You are on a roll Bob , the shots just get better and better . :D:)

Cheers

John

Thank you John! I have to catch up to you guys!

The place where 90% of Canadians want to live in retirement.

Not just Canadians Bob, I'm from the UK and I've visited Victoria and the island many times, I love the place, the people, the weather, the scenery etc etc. I would love to retire there.

Ok, I will stop dreaming for the moment, may I ask what your reflections settings are set at ref the first few pics, they look great, I've turned reflections off as the fps is too great.

PS I fly out to Vancouver in 4 weeks time, I'm taking the family to the Rockies then returning to Vancouver, seriously thinking of a float Plane trip to Victoria for the day.

Ok, I will stop dreaming for the moment, may I ask what your reflections settings are set at ref the first few pics, they look great, I've turned reflections off as the fps is too great.

Thanks Paul, I have the reflections set high within this great little LUA script:

If you follow JV's hints regarding reflections...ie controlling them from the objects menu within the app it is possible to have high reflections with only a small hit to FPS. Works great and I am only on an i5 7600K 1070, mid level machine at 4K. I love the FPS control you have as well that controls LOD distance (put it in User Mode). Cheers!

2 hours ago, macca22au said:

Brings back great memories.  I flew RW off that airport many times when I spent a year teaching at the UVic way, way back.  A stunning place between the showers.

That's grand! What a fantastic year that must have been. I have been lucky enough to fly into that airport quite a few times myself but only commercial flights. It still strums the heart strings how incredible that landscape is.

5 hours ago, BobT said:

Thanks Paul, I have the reflections set high within this great little LUA script:

If you follow JV's hints regarding reflections...ie controlling them from the objects menu within the app it is possible to have high reflections with only a small hit to FPS. Works great and I am only on an i5 7600K 1070, mid level machine at 4K. I love the FPS control you have as well that controls LOD distance (put it in User Mode). Cheers!

Thanks Bob, I think this needs to be my next project.

Archived