P3d v4.5 World settings

Hello ORBX friends,

May be this topic has already been dealt with and I missed it, still I am going to raise it (maybe again).

Anybody there who can/will inform me what the best terrain settings are for ORBX Netherlands and UK South?

Regards

Dirk

Welcome to the forum Dirk!  You'll find many helpful and friendly people here.  I've never seen a sim site where support is so quick and forthcoming as Orbx, and the people are very nice.  I hope you didn't get the wrong impression from that first reply.

24 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

If you guys didn´t see it, I added three smilys indicating it was an ironioc comment not meant to offend anybody. Seems it´s not allowed to joke in this forum. Lesson learned. 

Jack

This forum mimics the forums of old Rome......beware the ides of everywhere.

The mods even wear Togas when deleting.....the rest of us...……………….OBEY !!:angry:

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Thank you Nick for deleting JJ's very unhelpful response .

Cheers

John

I don't know what JJ's response was, but there is no answer to this question. Everything depends on the individual system. There is no way to know what the performance will be at any given level of settings without trying it. Just MNSHO and, as always, all mileage is variable.........Doug

2 hours ago, lawrence aldrich said:

This forum mimics the forums of old Rome......beware the ides of everywhere.

The mods even wear Togas when deleting.....the rest of us...……………….OBEY !!:angry:

Hello Lawrence,

I will rise to the bait this time, just to make a couple of things clear.

The forum discourages those who think that adding a smiley allows them to post whatever they wish.

It's not a free for all, unlike some other forums and rude comments whether with smileys or not, will be removed.

The Orbx staff are here to help those who ask for product support regardless of how obvious the answer might be

to more experienced customers and for that matter, how many times that question might have been asked.

We very much appreciate the help freely given by customers to both us and their fellow customers.

We do not need anyone adding such unhelpful comments as RTFM, however funny they think they are being and

you will not see the support staff doing this at all.

That said, perhaps we can just move on and offer Dirk any helpful advice that the experienced customer may be

able to offer, over and above what is in the manual and the linked post.

5 hours ago, karmelk said:

Hello ORBX friends,

May be this topic has already been dealt with and I missed it, still I am going to raise it (maybe again).

Anybody there who can/will inform me what the best terrain settings are for ORBX Netherlands and UK South?

Regards

Dirk

Dirk,

As stated setting are dependent on individual PC specs.  Might be helpful if you could post your PC specs.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Lawrence,

I will rise to the bait this time, just to make a couple of things clear.

The forum discourages those who think that adding a smiley allows them to post whatever they wish.

It's not a free for all, unlike some other forums and rude comments whether with smileys or not, will be removed.

The Orbx staff are here to help those who ask for product support regardless of how obvious the answer might be

to more experienced customers and for that matter, how many times that question might have been asked.

We very much appreciate the help freely given by customers to both us and their fellow customers.

We do not need anyone adding such unhelpful comments as RTFM, however funny they think they are being and

you will not see the support staff doing this at all.

That said, perhaps we can just move on and offer Dirk any helpful advice that the experienced customer may be

able to offer, over and above what is in the manual and the linked post.

I understand your sentiments, of course, Nick.

I inhabit (infect) several forums of various types, and am well aware of the possibility of abuse and its negative effect.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater is abuse...…..laughing at something you see on the theater screen is simply human nature.

Stifle that and you have censorship.

My opinion (opinions are hard to stifle) is that neither the comment you are referring to nor my comment constitute anything close to "abuse".

This forum belongs to ORBX. It may of course define the parameters desired.

Nothing I have ever said here constitutes "abuse" in the true sense...….it is merely the interjection of humor. 

I will simply discontinue that as you request.

Hello Lawrence,

trying to ridicule someone, however mildly, who appears to know less than one does has

no place in these forums.

What happens elsewhere is irrelevant.

It is just as easy to use the time to post something helpful, like a quote, a link or even

advice.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Lawrence,

trying to ridicule someone, however mildly, who appears to know less than one does has

no place in these forums.

What happens elsewhere is irrelevant.

It is just as easy to use the time to post something helpful, like a quote, a link or even

advice.

As I said, it's your house.

Archived