PC-6 at YRC Refuge Cove

gregmorin

Being an Air America Scheme, I suspect the flag is that way in a similar vein to US military shoulder patch flags, which on one side are mirrored so as that both flags are facing forwards and never back, as they believe the US flag should never be in retreat.

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Btw, I just see that the American flag on the plane's right side is set incorrectly. 

Back in the early 70s I built an Airfix 727 kit (TWA livery) and I couldn't figure out why the starboard Stars and Stripes decal was mirrored. I think I saw a photo in one of my books which had the flag that way but I didn't know why until years later.:wacko:

2 hours ago, BlackburnBuccaneer said:

Being an Air America Scheme, I suspect the flag is that way in a similar vein to US military shoulder patch flags, which on one side are mirrored so as that both flags are facing forwards and never back, as they believe the US flag should never be in retreat.

That is the reason why, which I had forgotten, thanks for the reminder!:)

13 hours ago, BlackburnBuccaneer said:

Thanks Blackburn!

Greg

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent Greg!  Really beautiful location for this plane, and this plane always makes me think it'll arrive in the next zip code a day before the pilot! :lol:

Thanks Jack!

Greg

Archived