The third update of the airport list is ready for download

Orbxtreme

Hi everyone,

The third update of the Orbx freeware and payware virtual airport list is ready for download. Many countries have been added. A lot of airport runway descriptions, along with the airport elevation, have been added to the precedent list. It is an ongoing process. For the USA, the following states have been checked for missing airports: Alaska, Arizona, Alabama, Maine, New Hampshire, California, Arkansas, Vermont, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Florida, Delaware, Pensylvania, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky and Louisiana. The rest is coming. I've worked also on Europe (Norway, Switzerland, France, England, Italy, Croatia, Germany, etc), on Canada, etc. Australia and  New Zealand are completed. There is also something for Cuba, Brazil, American Samoa, Pago Pago, etc. Remember that the list is not yet completed but rest assured that I am working on it every day, so it's moving forward.

Have fun!

https://francoisouellet.ca/en/orbx-freeware-and-payware-list/

3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Thank you for your continued hard work!

Greg

Thanks Greg, that is also fun to do. I am discovering a few high altitude runways I did not know existed. For those  which are 4000 ft asl and above, I have put the airport elevation in red and bold, to distinguish them from the standard ones. I found 25 feet wide asphalted runways: no margin for error on those!

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

François you are amazing, thank you very much for this!

Jack, I am glad you like. This list with an updated map from Orbx will make it much more practical to know where to head to, and what to expect. And if you use windy.com for the general wind pattern ( in case you are looking for a crosswind landing), then you will have it all.

On 5/26/2019 at 12:07 PM, W2DR said:

OUTSTANDING!!!  Thank you.........................Doug

My pleasure Doug, it's going well. Just finished Belgium, Austria, Maryland and Michigan. Working on the USA tonight. A lot more airports for the next edition.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:52 AM, adambar said:

Thank you for all your hard work Francois!

Thanks. Once many airports have their runway details on the list, it will be even more fun to use it with the following link: www.windy.com

55 minutes ago, Daz Kealy said:

This is very helpful because I didn't realise we had so many airports.

Exactly. And with the runway details in colour that will accompany each airport, you will know at once which aircraft to choose according to your destination. A lot to be discovered!

Archived