ATR72-500 in XP11

One of my favourite aircraft in FSX was the Flight1 ATR. I tried hard to persuade it to work in P3Dv4 but gave up.

Carenado have just released the ATR42 for P3D, but I think I'm going more down the XP11 route, so I'm trying not to invest in new add-ons for P3D. After a little research, I decided that the old Aerosoft ATR72 for XP10 may work in XP11 - worth a try anyway!

As luck would have it, it more or less works - with oddities happening in the VC (semi-functional FMS etc.) but the external model looks quite good - and it appears to fly well. So ... here are some pics from a test flight around Goodwood to Southampton - TEGB South:

ATR72-Aurigny-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-Aurigny-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-Aurigny-05-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-Aurigny-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-Aurigny-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-Aurigny-06-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

... I'll still never ever wrap my mind around these wings and the wings win the Q400.  It just seems so wrong in so many ways.

Ah but Grasshopper .. you get such amazing views without that wing in the way!

ATR72-Fly-Be-Wales-05-1350.jpg?dl=1

ATR72-Fly-Be-Wales-06-1350.jpg?dl=1

TEGB Wales (WOW!!) ...

Adam.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wait!  What?  Adam, are these photos or Orbx?

I must admit I had to do a bit of a double-take myself! Away from built up areas (where I think autogen and POIs give the game away) these photoreal areas really do look convincing. There are so many "snappable" areas to look at and enjoy!

Thanks for the comments, chaps!

2 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

I must admit I had to do a bit of a double-take myself! Away from built up areas (where I think autogen and POIs give the game away) these photoreal areas really do look convincing. There are so may "snappable" areas to look at and enjoy!

Thanks for the comments, chaps!

I could have sworn they were real Adam, we've reached a level I never thought I'd ever see.

Archived