Tomato Soup #2 : An-2

On 5/22/2019 at 5:22 AM, shermank said:

Looks great Adam. Can you create this series of presets for PTA? Thanks.

I tend to work on them in parallel, so TS 29_01 will be roughly the same as PTA 266_02, available here.

On 5/22/2019 at 5:47 AM, TigerTigerM said:

Excellent set Adam

Where does TomatoShade fit in with all the other 'tweaker' pgms?

What else do you use with tomato for your weather, clouds, sky etc/

TomatoShade is a freeware copy (more or less) of Yuri's old/original version of PTA. Yuri himself isn't too fussed about that - and has gone on to develop xVision for X-Plane, leaving Matt Davis to continue with the payware PTA.

For XP, I use xVision, plus an ever-changing series of LUA scripts that perform similar things to REX Environment Force (for P3D) ... so it's a bit of a moving target ;)

Back with P3D, I switch between TS and PTA and honestly can't say which I prefer: there are pros and cons to both. If anyone's considering going down the TS/PTA route, I'd say hold off for a while, as Matt keeps promising some new product that will blow all competition out of the water (we've heard all that before, LOL!). Or ... in the meantime - go for TS as at least it won't cost you anything.

For P3D I can't seem to hit the definitive combination for clouds/sky. I use a combination of the old REX/TD for the ground textures (runways, grass etc.) plus a clouds/sky/water theme. After that, I tinker with ActiveSky/ASCA or REX Skyforce to get some variety to clouds, but tend to steer clear of REX Environment Force as I do most of that in PTA then leave things alone.

Other than that, I don't use Reshade, Envtex or anything like that.

Adam.

Thanks, Adam...I am traveling and cannot try this for a week or so.... btw, if memory serves, I may already have this one installed...

another quick question...many PTA settings have a bit too much blue in the distance or in mountains. How could a reduce the blueish level? Thanks for your time and trouble 

sherm

27 minutes ago, shermank said:

...many PTA settings have a bit too much blue in the distance or in mountains. How could a reduce the blueish level?

Two places mainly you can look: Rayleigh Scattering and Fog/Haze. Both have settings for colour values.

Nice find, Nick!! I saw a couple of An-2s a good few years ago at R.I.A.T. (Fairford) air shows - when they were in "Utterly Butterly" livery and had wing-walkers on them. They are huge indeed!

Adam.

Archived