Second edition of the Orbx freeware/payware list.

Orbxtreme

Hi,

I have just posted the second edition of the Orbx freeware/payware airports list. I have added 253 airports. Initially it was all about the freewares but I have decided to add the paywares as they are part of the choices a pilot makes when planning the flight. The payware airports are in blue. The freeware airports that are shown on Orbxdirect are in green. The airports from the global packs are in black. The work is still in progress. I know there are still missing airports; in some countries, many missing airports. They will be included progressively with the future editions.

I have also started to add informations on runways at some airports. The runways that are 60 feet wide or less are in orange. The runways that are 2000 ft or less are also in orange (orange being a good colour to advise the pilots that the approach need to be carefully planned). When there is turf instead of asphalt, it is written in green (hoping the turf is well maintained, it should be something like green). When there is a water aerodrome, you will see it in blue. One blink on a state, a province or sometimes a country and you see immediately the short runways, the narrow runways, etc. No search required.

I could not include the runway information for many states, provinces or countries. It is a lengthy process. I am doing a search on every single airport before adding the info on the list. That is why it takes a bit of time. I have included the link for downloading the PDF file. Don't print the list, there are and will be too many pages with time. Use the PDF, all the informations are readily accessible and in colours.

Have fun.

https://francoisouellet.ca/en/orbx-freeware-and-payware-list/

I thank you for compiling this..  It will be a great resource.  Especially I appreciate your including runway information. Not only does this help in planning flights, but when we get to the payware airports, it helps in choosing which ones to buy.  I'll take a thorough look at this tomorrow.

Ken

18 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Outstanding work!

Thank you Francois!

Greg

Thanks Greg. An ORBX member from Saskatchewan  (Lysander) has asked me to add the airport elevation at the end of the runway details. It is a good idea and I have started to add it at the end of the runway description. It will be in red. Eventually, all airports will have it.

17 hours ago, macca22au said:

A great service.  Orbx, this list might well be included in your front of house information.

16 hours ago, antonvs said:

Thank you François, apreciated.

Thanks guys, I'm working on Australia tonight, adding some airports and runway conditions. For the second edition, I had not enough time to do much for that area.

1 hour ago, Orbxtreme said:

Thanks guys, I'm working on Australia tonight, adding some airports and runway conditions. For the second edition, I had not enough time to do much for that area.

And this time, there will be a place for New Zealand.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:56 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

This is incredibly useful François and very much appreciated!

Thanks Jack. Doing the list in USA, I've noticed that there are some incredibly narrow runways in some states. Goheen, W52 (by Orbx), has 2 turf runways, and one is 36 feet wide. Imagine this with just a slight crosswind and it becomes quite a challenge to stay on the path!

On 5/19/2019 at 9:56 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

This is incredibly useful François and very much appreciated!

6 minutes ago, Orbxtreme said:

Thanks Jack. Doing the list in USA, I've noticed that there are some incredibly narrow runways in some states. Goheen, W52 (by Orbx), has 2 turf runways, and one is 36 feet wide. Imagine this with just a slight crosswind and it becomes quite a challenge to stay on the path!

I noticed I wrote 36 feet but it's 48 feet wide. Still not very wide...

Archived