TrueEarth UK P3D

kevinfirth

Very good job with this.

Just have a couple of bits of constructive criticism after a first flight.

1. Flying above 2000 ft the 1.2m/pp resolution is good enough.  Below that, especially at take off and landing, 60cm/pp or greater would really help.  Would it be possible to implement slightly higher LOD areas just around airfields?

2. Noticed in quite a few places that the road traffic doesn't match up with the roads in the photoreal... bit of a downer, do you want specific instances of this?

There are a huge loads of positive in this scenery though.  Buildings representation is excellent (few overly large but nothing that caused me massive troubles), vegetation coverage is fantastic, colour consistency across the PR is amazing, watermasking is good, POI's very good...so please don't take points 1 and 2 too harshly :p  And for £30 as well, Its difficult to fault.  But  my slightly autistic nature won't let me stay silent :p

Noting as well that you don't appear to have modelled National Trust locations as POIs?

Dudmaston Hall, Croome Castle in Worcestershire for examples....

It may be a good idea to trawl the National Trust website and include some more of these very iconic and distinctive buildings as POIs?

33 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Noting as well that you don't appear to have modelled National Trust locations as POIs?

Dudmaston Hall, Croome Castle in Worcestershire for examples....

It may be a good idea to trawl the National Trust website and include some more of these very iconic and distinctive buildings as POIs?

Strongly support this suggestion.  Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this topic has been active for some considerable time.

and we are told that all those added to the X Plane 11 rpoduct have also been added to the P3D version.

That's for TE-North?  Is there one for South please?  Belay that, I found it thanks!

31 minutes ago, sleightflight said:

Flying over Worcester eh. looks really good and seems to be nice and smooth on your system.

I purchased mine last night, should be trying it out shortly.

Yes, it was an expensive purchase as it went along with a new 2080Ti...  As expected around major urban areas the performance takes a significant hit, but this is to be expected.  Nevertheless, this is about as good as its ever been scenerywise in P3D :)

Found you on YouTube Kevin, following you now.

I have some FSX and p3d V3 videos on my channel. 

I haven't done any P3D V4 videos yet as I haven't been happy with how it looked and performed, but I did a flight out of Llanbedr and flew the mach loop and was very happy with how it looked with true earth GB and it flowed along quite well with only a few micro stutters, so I may start doing some videos again

4 minutes ago, sleightflight said:

Found you on YouTube Kevin, following you now.

I have some FSX and p3d V3 videos on my channel. 

I haven't done any P3D V4 videos yet as I haven't been happy with how it looked and performed, but I did a flight out of Llanbedr and flew the mach loop and was very happy with how it looked with true earth GB and it flowed along quite well with only a few micro stutters, so I may start doing some videos again

Id love to do the mach loop in TE, does south cover it all?

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

EGOV RAF Valley will be in TrueEarth GB Central.

And there s a freeware scenery for it 

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-hangar/file-library/download/10-scenery/1521-scenery-egov-raf-valley-mspg-simulations-p3dv4-2019-united-kingdom

We'll have to see if its even necessary with the Orbx enhanced version in TE-Central....

25 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, I have that MSPG Simulations version of RAF Valley. Hopefully, the ORBx TrueEarth GB Central version of Anglesey will eliminate the "red colour saturation" that blights the terrain at this location in the Horizon scenery.

Id be astounded if it didnt, the colour balancing and consistency across TE UK S is excellent

Been trying out TE GB South on P3Dv4. Live in Brighton myself so obviously started at Shoreham and been flying along the coast checking things out. Vastly superior to FTX England for obvious reasons. I agree some higher res for landing would be nice as previously stated, 2000ft and above looks totally stunning. I love the fact the UK2000 Extreme airports all seem to slot in nicely so far (just as well as i own them all). Just flown from Exeter to Guernsey and the view to the rear leaving old Blighty was quite spectacular. Now ORBX have bought the rights to all the Earthsims classics, be great to do trips down to Alderney, Guernsey and Jersey once they are released

1 minute ago, Goulash said:

Been trying out TE GB South on P3Dv4. Live in Brighton myself so obviously started at Shoreham and been flying along the coast checking things out. Vastly superior to FTX England for obvious reasons. I agree some higher res for landing would be nice as previously stated, 2000ft and above looks totally stunning. I love the fact the UK2000 Extreme airports all seem to slot in nicely so far (just as well as i own them all). Just flown from Exeter to Guernsey and the view to the rear leaving old Blighty was quite spectacular. Now ORBX have bought the rights to all the Earthsims classics, be great to do trips down to Alderney, Guernsey and Jersey once they are released

Yes the UK2000 airports seem to work almost seamlessly (they need the autogen files around the airports including in the individual airport scenery texture folder)

Archived