Hello

M110A2

Hello All, I'm Vincent. I'm not new to the Flight Sim world. I started back in 1999 at the release of Jane's USAF Boxed Edition. I Ate, Slept And Dreamed that SIM. I even joined GKAB.net which no longer exist. I then started downloading a Members software called Mini Pro, which became Mini Pro Platinum. With the onset of Windows 7 and the gang got older I guess the old website was finished. I still run COWWAR's Mini Pro Platinum on the same RIG that I run FSX Steam Edition which is running Windows 10 Pro. I tried X-Plane 9 and 10 on my Android device but that wasn't enough for me. So I tried the X-Plane Demo on my current RIG and I didn't have the proper GPU. I have the Intel HD 4000 GPU, which just cuts it for FSX Steam Edition. I'm using a Dell OptiPlex 7010 SFF W/32GB Memory and an Intel Quad Core i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40 GHz Turbo 3.83 GHz. I'm retired from the Army and have enjoyed FSX SE for a few months now. I'm finding my way with downloadable content and installing with ease. It's all in following the directions I guess. So if I can help with anything, I will try. I'm new to ORBX software and find it interesting. If I need help, I'm sure I can search some threads here. I see there are some very knowledgeable members. With that said, I'm going to finish looking through these forum threads and see what I can figure out on my own. Happy New Year, Hopefully, I didn't drop this in thew wrong area of the forum. 

Hey M110A2.  Yes, welcome to the forums. It's a well-moderated environment--trolls and knotheads don't last long. And there are some great people here who are interesting, funny, and knowledgeable. Try the Screenshots Forum for some great pictures by some very nice people. And the Videos Forum for some mind-popping videos. Above all, enjoy. Cheers!

On 1/2/2019 at 12:26 AM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey M110A2.  Yes, welcome to the forums. It's a well-moderated environment--trolls and knotheads don't last long. And there are some great people here who are interesting, funny, and knowledgeable. Try the Screenshots Forum for some great pictures by some very nice people. And the Videos Forum for some mind-popping videos. Above all, enjoy. Cheers!

Thanks Rodger, I'm just an old Flight SIM Wingnut. I'm sure those are welcome here. I've dug through the Screenshots, there is a lot here. I'll make my way through some more real soon.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, lifejogger said:

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined!!!!!  On your next flight you should take some screenshots and share them on in the screenshot forum.

Thanks! I'm in the process of doing just that lifejogger;, I'll have some coming soon.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, Rob Abernathy said:

Welcome Aboard Vincent!  I'm sure you'll find this will become your #1 site to visit.  :)

Thanks Rob; I need a good site to stick with. I haven't joined a forum since GKAB.net. I like the way ORBX has the FTX Central and I haven't seen that kind of Commitment and Professionalism on other sites. It tells me a lot about this site which I found impressive.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:22 PM, flyingleaf said:

Welcome:D

Thank You flyingleaf, I had a nice Alienware 17" Laptop loaded with dual Crossfires and 16GB memory.  Almost $4,100.00 USD, but my kids had a party while the wife and I were away for the weekend and someone felt they needed it more than I did. 

Archived