Don't see a difference

Jack Sawyer

I have to agree with you Jack , I flew around Valdez in a Fall setting and I could not see any difference . I think you have use to use a tweak with ReShade that Bluebear used in his post a few days ago :

Cheers

John

Hi Jack

Is your mesh resolution set to 5?

Is your high-resolution terrain textures ticked?

Shadows and reflections all ticked?

Your values for the shadows?

The Terrain complexity value is high?

I'll send you my settings as requested in another post, maybe you could try them and test if you see any difference

Cheers

There are a couple of things that define 'sharpness'

One is the display of photoreal 'into the distance', in older versions of V4 the distant display of photoreal was less than that of the landclass tiles, so in V4 this has been leveled out, see Holger's post here for more info

The other is the P3D display radius slider, this controls how far out scenery (both photoreal and terrain mesh) is loaded, think of it like a big cross shaped area surrounding your aircraft position, each time you increase the slider this area gets bigger, distance mountains will get sharper, photoreal is loaded further, increasing this slider also adds a hit to your system, and especially so if also using complex aircraft/airliners, with V4.4 this display area has also been increased, and can be tweaked in the .cfg to go even further if you have the PC grunt... no longer are we constrained by the program, only our systems

And lastly, even if these sliders and changes with P3D are taken into account, you still need scenery that is sharp to begin with, high res terrain mesh, and high resolution photoreal

To get the full experience this is recommended (terrain and scenery sections):

Untitled.jpg

14 minutes ago, Tim Harris said:

There are a couple of things that define 'sharpness'

One is the display of photoreal 'into the distance', in older versions of V4 the distant display of photoreal was less than that of the landclass tiles, so in V4 this has been leveled out, see Holger's post here for more info

The other is the P3D display radius slider, this controls how far out scenery (both photoreal and terrain mesh) is loaded, think of it like a big cross shaped area surrounding your aircraft position, each time you increase the slider this area gets bigger, distance mountains will get sharper, photoreal is loaded further, increasing this slider also adds a hit to your system, and especially so if also using complex aircraft/airliners, with V4.4 this display area has also been increased, and can be tweaked in the .cfg to go even further if you have the PC grunt... no longer are we constrained by the program, only our systems

And lastly, even if these sliders and changes with P3D are taken into account, you still need scenery that is sharp to begin with, high res terrain mesh, and high resolution photoreal

Thanks Tim!

21 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Jack

Is your mesh resolution set to 5?

Is your high-resolution terrain textures ticked?

Shadows and reflections all ticked?

Your values for the shadows?

The Terrain complexity value is high?

I'll send you my settings as requested in another post, maybe you could try them and test if you see any difference

Cheers

Hi Carlos, settings as you asked:

Mesh 2

High Resolution Textures - Yes

Shadows all ticked except - Vegetation Receive - Particles - Shadow Flagged Contect

Shadow sliders - High - High

Terrain Copmlexity all 4 full right.

Turn the mesh to 5m, Jack.  That's the recommended ORBX setting, and was the cause of an issue I had sometime last year with improper display of textures.

Also, if you add "TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10" to the [TERRAIN] section of the P3D.cfg file, you should have sharp textures even at long distances.  I can't use that tweak, as my PC can't quite cut it.

24 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Turn the mesh to 5m, Jack.  That's the recommended ORBX setting, and was the cause of an issue I had sometime last year with improper display of textures.

Also, if you add "TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10" to the [TERRAIN] section of the P3D.cfg file, you should have sharp textures even at long distances.  I can't use that tweak, as my PC can't quite cut it.

As Chunk said above , I have my # set at 9 . What graphic card are you running on your new rig ? .

John

17 hours ago, BradB said:

I have to agree with you Jack , I flew around Valdez in a Fall setting and I could not see any difference . I think you have use to use a tweak with ReShade that Bluebear used in his post a few days ago :

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I don’t like too many of those things, PTA will have to be, that stuff is too complicated for me.

14 hours ago, Chunk said:

Thanks Chunk, I did all that but set it to 9 instead of 10.  More better shots later 

Archived