Just one - north over Oxford

andy1252

A beautiful image Andy.:)

An observation about the sim and not your image. Do you think the ground should be brighter as the sun is still above the horizon?

I have done several dawn flights and it takes a long time after sunrise for the ground features to be lit up.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An observation about the sim and not your image. Do you think the ground should be brighter as the sun is still above the horizon?

I have done several dawn flights and it takes a long time after sunrise for the ground features to be lit up.

Nice one Andy, and I was wondering the same thing Martyn.

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

As always, I read Martyn's comment with interest.  Looks like a choice between seeing the ground or having that beautiful reflection on the wings - good choice.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice one Andy, and I was wondering the same thing Martyn.

Hi folks, and thanks. It seems to me that it very much depends on the "camera" angle with these situations. I've often found that if you take a more level shot, or in a different direction relative to the light source (sun), then the amount of illumination varies enormously. I've had plenty of dawn/dusk occasions where I've hit pause for a shot, but when I move around the aircraft to check the angles it seems to go from bright daylight to too dark. I don't have any idea of the physics behind it, and for all I know it may work like that in real life (how would anybody ever be able to tell?), but it seems to be the case in both XP and P3D. Renault could probably explain it, given his wizardry with light.

12 hours ago, lifejogger said:

One of beauty of a shot, well done!!!!!!!!

Thanks John

11 hours ago, BradB said:

Heck of a shot Andy !! .

Thanks John (oh no, I'm beginning to repeat myself <grin>)

10 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Nice, Andy. Thanks!

Cheers Rodger

9 hours ago, lauriebe said:

Very nice indeed Andy.

Thanks Laurie (I've been assuming that's right, apologies if I've anglicised a completely different name)

7 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi folks, and thanks. It seems to me that it very much depends on the "camera" angle with these situations. I've often found that if you take a more level shot, or in a different direction relative to the light source (sun), then the amount of illumination varies enormously. I've had plenty of dawn/dusk occasions where I've hit pause for a shot, but when I move around the aircraft to check the angles it seems to go from bright daylight to too dark. I don't have any idea of the physics behind it, and for all I know it may work like that in real life (how would anybody ever be able to tell?), but it seems to be the case in both XP and P3D. Renault could probably explain it, given his wizardry with light.

That is interesting Andy as I really see the huge variation in the light in P3D when moving the camera angle around most noticeably with the aircraft.

I have cannot remember seeing this with XP but I will look next time I have it running.:)

Archived