GB Central 'Old Farts' discount.

On 12/9/2018 at 1:28 PM, olderndirt said:

Perhaps I'm missing something but, in purchasing GB Central, I didn't see the "old farts" 20% discount.  While there is a 10% general release discount, I've always considered 20 more than 10.

33 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Obviously your silence means I have yet again strayed into the politcally incorrect zone - sigh :).

Could orbx please advice oldendirt, and me, and anyone else who may be interested, if the seniors 20% discount applies for TE GB Central INSTEAD of the 10% one.  Cheers.

I don't know.  In an earlier sale, I encountered the same thing.  At issue was Big Bear City airport.  It was discounted 10%, no additional 'Old Coots' discount.  I waited until the "sale" was over and bought it at the Old Coots' price. No big deal.  I could have waited until the next sale, but I wanted to buy it sooner.

Ken

5 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

I don't know.  In an earlier sale, I encountered the same thing.  At issue was Big Bear City airport.  It was discounted 10%, no additional 'Old Coots' discount.  I waited until the "sale" was over and bought it at the Old Coots' price. No big deal.  I could have waited until the next sale, but I wanted to buy it sooner.

Ken

Good thinking.  Perhaps the option to waive the release discount in lieu of the 'old farts' should be offered to those qualified.  It's all about money. 

Would be nice, but, come on!  If we want the wonderful scenery products that ORBX provides, they must pay the bills and make a profit. So the discounts are great, and so are the sales, and we should appreciate and take advantage of them, but let's not kill the goose that lays the golden egg! So roll with it, and if the sale price is higher than the Senior Discount, wait until the  is over, and don't complain.

Ken

46 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Good thinking.  Perhaps the option to waive the release discount in lieu of the 'old farts' should be offered to those qualified.  It's all about money. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

Would be nice, but, come on!  If we want the wonderful scenery products that ORBX provides, they must pay the bills and make a profit. So the discounts are great, and so are the sales, and we should appreciate and take advantage of them, but let's not kill the goose that lays the golden egg! So roll with it, and if the sale price is higher than the Senior Discount, wait until the  is over, and don't complain.

Ken

When you get to my age nothing is beyond scrutiny.  I think you've got your geese and golden eggs transposed but that's just me.

I think we oldies who are not rich, and who need to watch every dollar in retirement, and who love Orbx as much as the next guy, and who are not really complaining, and who are not asking for a discount on top of a discount ..... well I think we should be allowed to ask the question.  I would not be surprised at all if orbx is happy to offer the higher discount but that their system is not geared up for it.  Anyway, we will see, and I am sure we will all buy it in any event.  Stay friendly and happy everyone!  Cheers.

Hello,

I am not involved at all with the marketing policies but I would suspect that the new policy of variable discounts

instead of an across the board 40-50% and 0% on new products, as has been the case in the past, has not allowed

for a discount that is less than the 20%.

To be honest, I would think that the best option is to wait until the end of the sale and then have the 20% instead

of the 10%.

In the meantime, I will do this @Aimee Sanjari in the hope that you can have a definitive answer.

20 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I am not involved at all with the marketing policies but I would suspect that the new policy of variable discounts

instead of an across the board 40-50% and 0% on new products, as has been the case in the past, has not allowed

for a discount that is less than the 20%.

To be honest, I would think that the best option is to wait until the end of the sale and then have the 20% instead

of the 10%.

In the meantime, I will do this @Aimee Sanjari in the hope that you can have a definitive answer.

Wasn't there a post from JV months back that discounts are only singular in nature?  So there's no seniors discount once any other discount has been applied.  That would certainly make sense from a business point of view.

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

Wasn't there a post from JV months back that discounts are only singular in nature?  So there's no seniors discount once any other discount has been applied.  That would certainly make sense from a business point of view.

Discounts are singular in nature, yes. However it is my assumption that the higher discount would be applied - I am checking with Ben on this now. 

I'm not going to go into detail about our marketing strategy on a public forum - just be assured I'm working in everyone's best interest :)

7 minutes ago, Aimee Sanjari said:

Discounts are singular in nature, yes. However it is my assumption that the higher discount would be applied - I am checking with Ben on this now. 

Thanks Aimee.  Your words above are a perfect summary of the issue.  Nobody is asking for a discount on an already discounted offer, ie a double discount.  We are simply saying that the seniors discount should still apply even where a lower discount is offered to all.  Cheers.

It seems at the moment the sale price is set to override the senior discount but I've asked Ben to investigate whether or not this can be changed for TE GB Central. It's night time in Australia so I probably won't get an answer until this evening (GMT) but I'll keep you posted :)

6 hours ago, Aimee Sanjari said:

I'm not going to go into detail about our marketing strategy on a public forum - just be assured I'm working in everyone's best interest :)

I was always warned about 'assuming' anything but I like the way you think :).

11 hours ago, Aimee Sanjari said:

Hi guys! Turns out this is a bug and Ben has added it to his fix list for after the sale. In the meantime, if any of you bought TE GB Central at 10% off and would like a partial refund (of $5.50 AUD) you can create a ticket and Ben will refund you the difference.

Well done Aimee.  Would it be possible to note an account credit to be applied at next purchase?  

On 12/12/2018 at 7:11 AM, olderndirt said:

Well done Aimee.  Would it be possible to note an account credit to be applied at next purchase?  

We don't support account balances right now. If you create a ticket, a partial refund can be applied to your card (which is effectively the same thing ;) )

4 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

We don't support account balances right now. If you create a ticket, a partial refund can be applied to your card (which is effectively the same thing ;) )

Hey Ben, if you've fixed this for future 'old fart' purchasers, my work here is done - here's a silver bullet.

19 minutes ago, wblackret said:

Just curious, what qualifies a person for the old farts discount and how much is it. I feel a bit stupid , but I thought any reference regarding old farts discount was a joke. 

If you are 65 or over, you may apply for the senior discount which gives you 20% off regular prices.

See this for details:

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000096056-Senior-Discount

Ken

Archived