Graphics Card !

mikee

Hello guys ,

I am about to give my GTX 1070 to my son and buy a New One !

Which One is better , GTX 1080ti or GTX 2080ti (This One is much more expensive in Cyprus ) . I am Running Prepar3DV4.3 !

Thank you ,

Mike

I’d get the 1080ti and then spend the rest on an i7 8700K and faster DRAM memory if your mobo supports it.

The 2080ti is getting better FPS on first person shooters that use the full nVidea architecture, but most flight simulators are still CPU-bound due to old code.

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

From my experience - upgrades within the same series - have little impact on performance - I once went from a GTX570 to a GTX970 - and hardly noticed a difference...

Regards,

Scott 

Thanks for the information Scott !

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

I’d get the 1080ti and then spend the rest on an i7 8700K and faster DRAM memory if your mobo supports it.

The 2080ti is getting better FPS on first person shooters that use the full nVidea architecture, but most flight simulators are still CPU-bound due to old code.

Thank you Very much for you reply ! Much appreciated :)

I Will Change my Graphics Card my Motherboard , my Processor (Haven't decided yet , I was thinking of the new series i9 … but they are  quite expensive at the moment and of course my memory !   Almost full upgrade !!

Mike

2 hours ago, mikee said:

Thank you Very much for you reply ! Much appreciated :)

I Will Change my Graphics Card my Motherboard , my Processor (Haven't decided yet , I was thinking of the new series i9 … but they are  quite expensive at the moment and of course my memory !   Almost full upgrade !!

Mike

Hello Mike. 

You don't need I9... I5 9600K is the way. For Motherboard you don't need a monster. My personal advice :

I5 9600k /Gigabyte Z390 Gaming (150 €) 16Go Memory minimum / GTX 1080ti / A small SSD for "Windows" and 1/ 2 to SSD for your sim. The same for the power you don't need 1200w... 

10 hours ago, John Venema said:

I have to agree with John. I recently went to a completely new PC (see specs in my signature below) for P3Dv4.3

I’m not sure my 32 gigs of RAM was necessary for the sim but I can run my sliders at or near max and run stutter free. I can keep about 40 fps (fixed in-sim with my monitor at 144) but to be honest don’t really worry about that. Of course I drop over intense areas. The only thing I find is I now have slow autogen black “builds” behind me. I think it is a problem with LM and P3Dv4.3 but heck, who flies with their head swivelling all the time :lol:

My advice - don’t chase your tail. An i7 8700K and 1080ti is more than enough.

Regards,

Roger

19 hours ago, FILOU said:

Hello Mike. 

You don't need I9... I5 9600K is the way. For Motherboard you don't need a monster. My personal advice :

I5 9600k /Gigabyte Z390 Gaming (150 €) 16Go Memory minimum / GTX 1080ti / A small SSD for "Windows" and 1/ 2 to SSD for your sim. The same for the power you don't need 1200w... 

Thank you for the advice Filou ! Much appreciated !

I do have 1tb SSD for Windows and Sim . and 850w power supply !

13 hours ago, Syzygy said:

I have to agree with John. I recently went to a completely new PC (see specs in my signature below) for P3Dv4.3

I’m not sure my 32 gigs of RAM was necessary for the sim but I can run my sliders at or near max and run stutter free. I can keep about 40 fps (fixed in-sim with my monitor at 144) but to be honest don’t really worry about that. Of course I drop over intense areas. The only thing I find is I now have slow autogen black “builds” behind me. I think it is a problem with LM and P3Dv4.3 but heck, who flies with their head swivelling all the time :lol:

My advice - don’t chase your tail. An i7 8700K and 1080ti is more than enough.

Regards,

Roger

Good to know , so I will not spend more money !!

Thank you very much Roger !

Hi, I had the money for an I7 8700K, not a big difference with my I5 8600K, but after a lot of research and the advice of my guys at my computer shop.. I ended up with the I5 8600K (dedicated Sim rig), he said that for flight Simming the I5 8600K was THE CPU to buy. So I did. I see 70FPS sometime and I am amazed so far.

Next move (and maybe...) will be a 1080 TI 8-12 gig, even if my 1060 6G is doing the job perfectly (i'm not in 4K)... 

When I ask him about the 9600K he started laughing (I know the seller), it's not meant for gaming he said... 

my 2 cent

Ben

Not easy right now to find a 1080ti at a good price. If you can't find one, go with RTX2080 instead of the 2080ti. The RTX 2080 will deliver about the same performance than the 1080ti at about the same price tag. The only difference is the video RAM on it. The 1080ti has 11G and the 2080 has 8G. If you are a 4K user, find a 1080ti.

Mike

Archived