Royal Dutch Navy at Den Helder

Ripcord

A recent screenshot post grabbed my interest and so I had to take a look at Den Helder for myself.  I found something rather unexpected.

I think you guys kinda undersold your project here a little bit.  I had no idea that you created custom ship objects for the Royal Dutch Navy.  Very cool.

BCW89GK.jpg

Really wish you would have repainted the hull numbers on a couple of them, and made these into landable AI ship objects that move.  Maybe an idea for a future upgrade -- put them on a two schedule and publish the schedule.  Would take you like one weekend to do.

Seriously, you would have both Rotterdam Class dock ships (albeit with helos already on deck), and all 4 De Zeven Provicien class frigates, and what I think are the two Karel Doormen Class frigates (wrong hull number, but whatever - easy fix).  Plus the 4 subs.  Plus whatever else you got in here... looks like some offshore patrol craft, and some landing craft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Royal_Netherlands_Navy_ships

Heck, you even managed to add in a Dutch Coast Guard Kunstwatch vessel.  Seriously, this is cool.

HGVDn0s.jpg

You really did way too much good work here to just leave these as statics. 

I know, I know... sometimes I think everybody looks the virtual world the same way I do.  I need to curb my enthusiasm sometimes.  

And I like to give credit where it is due -- wasn't expecting to find this.

14 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Ripcord. It's not reproducing the ships that is the challenge, it is properly configuring all those fire-control radars as their guns track you going over. :blink:

Well, yes it true - they aren't hi def models (no people on deck flow, or moving radars or other bits), but that is exactly what makes them perfect for AI ships.  They will be performance friendly, for sure.

Also I really love what they did with the piers.  Great work there.  Looks nice and crisp.

Archived