Advice asked about posting boundaries

Rodger Pettichord

Hi all. I just posted three posts covering an Aleutian trip I took. Each post contained about nine shots. I need to ask the Forum whether such posting is appropriate or not. How often is too often? How many shots are too many in a single post?   I enjoy the longer posts that show journeys, and I am glad that our more talented artists post often. But I'm kind of new here and haven't earned my stripes. I don't want to abuse my privileges. Guidance would be appreciated. :huh:

Roger post as many as you like my friend ; we actually need more forum member's posting screen shots than what we have now . I only speak for myself but I never tire at looking at the wonderful shots that are posted every week . :):)

Cheers

John

Rodger you can post as often as you like here the only thing I would say is don't post more than say fifteen shots in a post this is not an Orbx statement but people in the past have posted over twenty shots in one post and other members have complained about this.

I remember somebody years ago posted about eighty shots in one post some of you might remember this, so yes post as often as you like we like seeing all the cracking shots  here that you all post.

cheers

Iain

My view is that you post whatever you like within the rules Rodger and those that don't like don't have to look:-as there are also plenty of us that do like to see:lol:.

I do enjoy looking at the results that others are getting as well as the entertaining and amusing posts.

There are some areas of the forums  I never visit but just because they are of no interest to me does not mean that it shouldn't be on here.;)

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm guilty of posting too many too.  I think I'll have to be more selective from now on. :huh:

Don't worry Jack. I think that up to 20 shots is fine here. Especially when you post beautiful images!

At the end of the day, people can chose what they want to see.

Just try to avoid 60 shots in a post! LOL! :lol:

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm guilty of posting too many too.  I think I'll have to be more selective from now on. :huh:

Carry on just the way you are Jack, there are plenty of us that enjoy and appreciate your wonderful posts.:)

I imagine the ones who complain, never post any images of their own on here.;)

13 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Carry on just the way you are Jack, there are plenty of us that enjoy and appreciate your wonderful posts.:)

Thanks Martyn!  I’m gonna continue but not 24 shots like I sometimes do but for narrative shots sometimes one needs more ;) 

21 hours ago, BradB said:

Roger post as many as you like my friend ; we actually need more forum member's posting screen shots than what we have now . I only speak for myself but I never tire at looking at the wonderful shots that are posted every week . :):)

Cheers

John

18 hours ago, adambar said:

Keep them coming Rodger, no problem. :)

17 hours ago, paulb said:

What they said Rodger! :D

Iain's advice is good. Although I do sometimes post almost 20 shots :huh:

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

My view is that you post whatever you like within the rules Rodger and those that don't like don't have to look:-as there are also plenty of us that do like to see:lol:.

I do enjoy looking at the results that others are getting as well as the entertaining and amusing posts.

There are some areas of the forums  I never visit but just because they are of no interest to me does not mean that it shouldn't be on here.;)

13 hours ago, paulb said:

Don't worry Jack. I think that up to 20 shots is fine here. Especially when you post beautiful images!

At the end of the day, people can chose what they want to see.

Just try to avoid 60 shots in a post! LOL! :lol:

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  I’m gonna continue but not 24 shots like I sometimes do but for narrative shots sometimes one needs more ;) 

I'm hearing folks say that common sense is the guiding principle. If you've got a good narration going, like some member always do, then go for it. If you have a lot of singles that enhance everyone's day, share them. Makes sense to me.

As for those who said maybe they ought not include so many images in their narratives, no, no, no. Don't go there. Those narratives take time to develop, and the really good ones need plenty of sequence to cover the details. Please don't let this post desiccate your rich offerings! Please!

1 minute ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

I'm hearing folks say that common sense is the guiding principle. If you've got a good narration going, like some member always do, then go for it. If you have a lot of singles that enhance everyone's day, share them. Makes sense to me.

As for those who said maybe they ought not include so many images in their narratives, no, no, no. Don't go there. Those narratives take time to develop, and the really good ones need plenty of sequence to cover the details. Please don't let this post desiccate your rich offerings! Please!

Not a problem Rodger and thanks for your question!  It’s always good to get a good answer and guidlines. ;) 

18 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Rodger you can post as often as you like here the only thing I would say is don't post more than say fifteen shots in a post this is not an Orbx statement but people in the past have posted over twenty shots in one post and other members have complained about this.

I remember somebody years ago posted about eighty shots in one post some of you might remember this, so yes post as often as you like we like seeing all the cracking shots  here that you all post.

cheers

Iain

Iain, thanks for the behind-the-scenes insight. Good to know that unofficial ORBX encourages our creative side. Now, about that 90-picture post, I have this idea....

Archived