YSSY: Buy Fly Tampa now or wait for next Australia release?

Aussie123

I'm getting tired of the low resolution textures baked  into AU Sydney's terminals and I am considering looking at Fly Tampa's version.

I hadn't considered purchase before due to an expected frame rate loss. However, I use Sydney a lot.

Does anyone know if the 'Next Generation' Australia will include a better representation of YSSY and that I should wait?

Aussie 

I think that because there is a quality payware YSSY in the Fly Tampa offering, Orbx will be very unlikely to upgrade the airport when there are so many other deserving options.  So if I were in your shoes I would get the Fly Tampa airport.

An odd place to post this, in the screen shot forum.  At least you could have given us an image of your low res textures that you are tiring you so.  B)

Another vote for FT.  I run it in P3D v4 and experience no frame rate issues.

Sorry about it's location Ripcord, As I have previously tried with such a general topic, I tried creating this topic under the section 'General Discussion'.

But you can't do it. (At least my system will not allow it.?)

'General Discussion' now has a nice sub-section called 'The Old Coots Club'. This creation seems to have made impossible to post to 'General Discussion' as it now is a section header. Maybe, there needs to be a companion sub-header called 'General Discussion' and the section header renamed 'General Discussion' and 'Old Coots Club' ?

Anyhow, I couldn't find another appropriate area. All the rest are technical and deal with Orbx products, support and use. My question was borderline. ;)

Thanks for your info on the compatibility of FT in an Orbx environment Ripcord and John. 

Aussie

FT's YSSY  is indeed great,  as Lars said.

You just need to put a couple of bgl's off

And as John said too, Orbx usually don't do airports that are already in the market and mainly if they are very big airports.

Go for it, you won't regret it at all

Cheers

Thanks Guys,

Following your advice, I purchased FT YSSY the night before last. You are correct. The level of detail is terrific and the frame rate hit, with everything turned on out of the box, is minimal and worth it. Local airport features I was missing in AU and the texture resolution has shot up.

I'm now having fun exploring the Configuration program and turning off a couple of things I don't need.

It installed automatically into P3D v4 and, I presume in the correct place, as everything merges well with all of the other Orbx material.

Thanks.

Aussie

3 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Thanks Guys,

Following your advice, I purchased FT YSSY the night before last. You are correct. The level of detail is terrific and the frame rate hit, with everything turned on out of the box, is minimal and worth it. Local airport features I was missing in AU and the texture resolution has shot up.

I'm now having fun exploring the Configuration program and turning off a couple of things I don't need.

It installed automatically into P3D v4 and, I presume in the correct place, as everything merges well with all of the other Orbx material.

Thanks.

Aussie

Hi Aussie

Yes it is great and places correctly

If you ever experience terrain issues just put off the two Land class bgls in their Land Class folder

hONW5vM.jpg

At least I had to, to make all look good.

Cheers, and enjoy!

Archived