For the love of 777

carlosqr

Don't like much the  787  :rolleyes:

Especially the nose, it's like forced, 

The length of the 777 and those engines!  :wub:

I had the opportunity to spot a united one at Newark, taxing slowly in that week sunlight about 17:00 hrs or so in October.  I was waiting in line inside the terminal to catch my flight. Suddenly all the view through those big windows was filled out by it,  passing slowly... I stared at it drooling. It was the first time I saw one so "close". Felt in love with it in a second.

Stamped in my memory forever. When you don't expect something and suddenly happens right in front of your eyes is like :o

Now British Airways and Air France land in my country with the 777 :)

KLM brings the 787

Lufthansa,  Edelweiss & Iberia bring their huge beautiful Airbuses

Here some nice pictures of them, the Iberia ones are the most beautiful as it takes off at sunset

Air France inaugural flight

B3pL6VU.jpg

lhxN4dB.jpg

Lufthansa inaugural flight:

zed3NJj.jpg

YrVTXgq.jpg

KLM

JTn9uvE.jpg

Usually arrives at night

8BuUdTV.jpg

Edelweiss

al0TClG.jpg

Mi1Yn75.jpg

British Airways

C0VU2qV.jpg

se1JUz0.jpg

Iberia the very first one to come and open the route (competition) to all others

7tHoLeN.jpg

o9e45I6.jpg

hns35g0.jpg

And this is for @captainlars

Be6TjPe.jpg

I want to profit the occasion to share a video of Iberia almost not making it:

Cheers

Carlos

Probably my favourite airliner too Carlos, I have done many 773/2 flights and I have enjoyed every minute!:)

Wonderful image and an interesting selection of photos.

What a great place to view the planes in the video too, better take the hard hat though.:o

Thank you Carlos for opening this thread! Of course, the 777 is the most beautiful. 787 and A350 aren't bad either, but no competition for the T7. The A340-500 doesnt look bad, but they have the fame of being underpowered.

The RL shots are really cool. I like the Air France one, especially. Interesting to notice that the Edelweiss isn't fully on the ground yet but still has its reverser doors opened.

41 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

And this is for @captainlars

Be6TjPe.jpg

Thank you Carlos.

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Probably my favourite airliner too Carlos, I have done many 773/2 flights and I have enjoyed every minute!:)

Wonderful image and an interesting selection of photos.

What a great place to view the planes in the video too, better take the hard hat though.:o

Great to know.

I'm glad you liked them Marty.

Due to the location of our airport, it is kind of easy to take videos and photos. Check this out:

06rC9eY.jpg

The area marked with just one X is where people parked their car to sport them.

The area with three X is where all the Iberia shots were taken as well as the video, this is the most popular and visited spot, as you can see in the Iberia image at sunset before turning, a lot of cars in front of it, ready for the airplane blast jaja

The red cross is the place where a restaurant with lookout point was. It has been demolished by the airport administration, they are expanding the airport. The area where the Iberia video was taken is also going to be part of the airport field

The 4 X is the preferred area by real pro photographers, all the landing ones where taken here at the very start of the runway 7, that why they all show the touchdown.

The 2 x is an area where you can see them on approach but unfortunately in lower than the airport so you can just enjoy the sound and how they get close and close but not able to see them landing.

So that was the tour around our small airport :D

Cheers

3 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you Carlos for opening this thread! Of course, the 777 is the most beautiful. 787 and A350 aren't bad either, but no competition for the T7. The A340-500 doesnt look bad, but they have the fame of being underpowered.

The RL shots are really cool. I like the Air France one, especially. Interesting to notice that the Edelweiss isn't fully on the ground yet but still has its reverser doors opened.

Thank you Carlos.

You're very welcome Lars.

I see it from time to time loading on my way to the office, very early morning. I have to pass by the airport every time I go to the office and never get bored of doing the 360° exorcist head  turning :D

I searched among myPMDG liveries for this 777, and I don't have it :( 

I'll launch the operations center and see if it is there not downloaded.

Cheers

Archived