zJpABl7.jpg

But not at night!

WRLFYhx.jpg

GAimV1V.jpg

A9Kihg2.jpg

5ApDPwz.jpg

VsJz1G5.jpg

t8xlp2B.jpg

The coordinates are in the screenshots. I tried the "lazy reinstall" (deleting the .txt), but to no avail. Also might be right to point out that they look like day textures. Frozen Water Surface is set to off.

That looks alot better in your pics.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Could you have added or taken away another developer's night textures?

500nm to the SE lies Virtualcols Bogotá, which was added a long time ago. Other than that I have nothing installed there in that region.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:58 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Could you have added or taken away another developer's night textures?

I have done the following:

- respawned terrain.cfg - no avail

- disabled all south american sceneries by other developers - no avail

- switched on and off frozen water surface - no avail

- opted in to fastlane and had every product file verified - no avail - ah wait - now I have morphing night textures in Los Angeles at day!

So you see the issue rose from a nuisance to a real problem.

HI Lars

At day. Interesting place. I have not flown so deep in Venezuela

GTiET17.jpg

At dusk, I like it more

oB8Aota.jpg

At night it is indeed wrong. Something happens with the night textures and I have no addon for Venezuela installed yet. Sorry you've done all that but the problem seems not to be yours as it shows here:

jhxI31u.jpg

Please disregard my previous post.They'll find a fix soon

Cheers

Carlos

5 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

At night it is indeed wrong. Something happens with the night textures and I have no addon for Venezuela installed yet. Sorry you've done all that but the problem seems not to be yours as it shows here

Thank you very much, Carlos - it's good to know that someone else has the same problem.

Meanwhile I did as you suggested and installed OpenLC SA anew (maybe the fifth time), but to no avail.

8 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Who gets you flying in the middle of nowhere and at night!? :lol::lol::lol:

A flight from SAEZ to KBOS in the first place.:)

6 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you very much, Carlos - it's good to know that someone else has the same problem.

Meanwhile I did as you suggested and installed OpenLC SA anew (maybe the fifth time), but to no avail.

A flight from SAEZ to KBOS in the first place.:)

You're very welcome Lars

What????, SAEZ to KBOS wow ..... that's a long fly, now I got it.

I hope they'll find a fix soon, though SA is not so developed or a priority this might take some time :-(

Have a pleasant fly

Just now, carlosqr said:

You're very welcome Lars

What????, SAEZ to KBOS wow ..... that's a long fly, now I got it.

I hope they'll find a fix soon, though SA is not so developed or a priority this might take some time :-(

Have a pleasant fly

Do you happen to have TropicalSim's SBGR 2017 intalled? They did something to the Autogen config or whatever (got to read it again) and it is the only scenery I can imagine at the moment that could have something to do with it.

HI Lars

No I don't have Guarulhos (SBGR) by TS

For Brazil I have everything made by Ricardo Paulo. His work is stunning. Here below a pic over Sao Paulo departing SBGR. Tough he also has his own autogen and lots of photo ground.

We would need verification from Orbx on if this might affect.

But I doubt autogen could cause ground issues. These are mostly buildings right? Also the Venezuelan scenery has only trees zero buildings and both areas are too far from each other, I doubt the issue is related, or we should see more of these in SA and so far I have not seen this in other area.

These yellow dots is what I have installed in SA so far and none seemed to conflict with Orbx as I've tested them widely.

N4ovTwN.jpg

Here's Sao Paulo, a heavy scenery, his autogen is massive

N39cYrx.jpg

YvkFZcP.jpg

JyhAcs4.jpg

Cheers

Thank you for the info. Your Sao Paulo looks great. I have a lot of Roberto Zanolli, which are Freeware, but also very nice.

Well, if you don't have SBGR from TropicalSim installed but these morphing textures at the same time, I can rule SBGR out as the culprit.

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you for the info. Your Sao Paulo looks great. I have a lot of Roberto Zanolli, which are Freeware, but also very nice.

Well, if you don't have SBGR from TropicalSim installed but these morphing textures at the same time, I can rule SBGR out as the culprit.

Yes I would say so.

I'll profit and give a check to Roberto Zanolli's work, thanks

Let's see what ORBX says about those strange textures

Cheers

Well, the persistence of @Captain Lars inspired me to recheck this problem.

I confirm to have the same problem as reported above/see attached screenshot. This problem only occurs during night!

- System: P3D v4.3, open LC South America, openLC Mesh South America/freeware,  no additional sceneries in South America, no additional mesh active, insertion points correctly set.

Venezuela Night.jpg

Can confirm.  Attached are screenshots, one top down to show the extent of the errant textures, and a comparison night vs day of the main texture area.

Some morphing occurs as you cross the area.

VenezualaNightTextures.thumb.jpg.fd4b124c5b430e4bcf7cf30d5dc4edfa.jpg

VenezualaNight.thumb.jpg.77131014082613ccd0eab67e38b90660.jpg

VenezualaDay.thumb.jpg.be4054c35655487f61c63091cbd84465.jpg

10 hours ago, dnj5535 said:

captain lars same issue here. I'm flying as well and noticed this about 10 minutes ago. do you think its tropicalsim SBGR? I just installed ie the other day and now I'm also having the issue.

Thank you for reporting. Since this kind of morphing occurs whether you have TSim's SBGR installed or not, it can't have to do with it. It's most likely a glitch in Orbx' OpenLC South America.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived