Stilettos in FSX

andy1252

Never thought I'd be using my FSX system again, but just couldn't get this rather nice find to work at all reasonably in P3D (v3 or v4).  I could barely remember how to use FSX, and it's a long way from being set up optimally, but as I've now got a few aircraft that will only run there I might go back and try and tart it up a bit.

Anyway, here's the beast causing all the fuss, the Douglas X-3 Stiletto. Looks like it ought to be the fastest thing in the sky, but apparently only just about cracked Mach 1. Look's very Dan Dare though! (oh, these are out of Edwards AFB)

pWezJtQ.jpg

azBhHKl.jpg

s9F3TeB.jpg

gYIDAXk.jpg

13 hours ago, lawrence aldrich said:

Nice pix...…… but all that thing ever was in real life was a Piper Cub with diarrhea...……………….

Pretty much what I'd heard, Lawrence. Still a fine looking creation to my eyes, very '50s.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It looks cool Andy and I never even heard of this one before but I like it.

Fun, ain't it Jack!

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Cool shots Andy! :)

Cheers, Adam

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

Thanks, Iain

1 hour ago, boetie said:

Thunderbirds are go! I've never seen that beast before. Thanks for showing it Andy

Yep, definitely Thunderbirds territory! Cheers, Graeme

23 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

You would have to be well heeled to afford to fly one of these.:wacko:

Cheers! I knew I could rely on you, Martyn!

BTW, I did get it up in the air in P3D but it wasn't complete - missing the undercarriage flaps and the pilot, and the interior was a bit flakey, but would still be possible to move around and from the right angle you wouldn't notice the missing bits -

0hF91Vl.jpg

Fantastic shots Andy :)

I particularly like the lighting and shadows in the third one in the first group. It reminds me that you're on the hunt for a cloud or two to skewer!

Great to see that FSX is still alive and well. As much as it is maligned , it still is capable of some outstanding images, as your sequence shows so well

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Renault

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

How can you see the runway when landing this bird?

Gerold, I think they had special archery targets at the end of the landing zone - you just aimed the pointy bit at it

3 hours ago, renault said:

it still is capable of some outstanding images,

Hi Renault, if I have some spare time I will definitely go back and have a bit of an experiment with it. I still don't like the look of the autogen and all the popping etc but I only have a small bit of scenery and a few aircraft left on that system so it might be interesting to see how it can turn out. Way down on my priority scale though.

Archived