I feel the need ... the need for ...

Adam Banks

... the need for ... a screenshot without any ORBX content (unless you count FTX Global)!!!

I'm generally quite careful to try to include ORBX content in these forums - but, once in a while I feel the need to post something a little different!

bismarck_03x_742_1350.jpg?dl=1

This is the freeware Bismarck being attacked by a suicidal Swordfish - in its historical location in the Atlantic. Someone called "Shessi" created this little gem a while back, for FS9 and FSX. I was amazed to find that it works beautifully in P3Dv4: it even has ack-ack!

I think I managed to persuade the Swordfish to drop the torpedo in FSX, but I can't seem to find a way of making it a droppable object in P3D.

The Bismarck has to be my favourite battleship (of all time). Such power and such [deadly] grace. For a ship that would undoubtedly have sent hundreds of people to "Davy Jones' Locker", it's hauntingly beautiful.

As to the "Stringbag" - I think it's beautiful too - and the courage of the people that flew them is awe-inspiring.

Don't worry, folks - I'll be back in FTX NZMF in a jiffy. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible ;)

Adam.

That is a wonderful image Adam and a fine tribute to the all the servicemen involved here.

I thought from an early age about the sheer terror of flying one of these Stringbags in combat against the might of the Kreigsmarine after reading an article about The Channel Dash in the Sunday Express.

My favourite battleship was the Yamato.

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

My favourite battleship was the Yamato.

Interesting!!! I always thought there was a similarity between the two.

My favourite RN battleship is probably HMS Rodney (or HMS Nelson) ... all those guns!! ...  but I've always liked the little RN WWII destroyers too.

Really a great picture, Adam. I would not like to call it a "great shot", because death of so many serviceman is so close here.

Interesting to read that more people died on the sinking ship than on their victim before. How useless all this. 

8 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Interesting!!! I always thought there was a similarity between the two.

My favourite RN battleship is probably HMS Rodney (or HMS Nelson) ... all those guns!! ...  but I've always liked the little RN WWII destroyers too.

I also like the Nelson Class, such a distinctive design apparently due to the Washington Treaty and big guns too!

Wow Adam that's a fantastic pic.

Since we're talking battlehips HMS Hood clearly came off second best here but I like her lines and that of the King George V.

I also loved the Admiral Graf Spee for something a little smaller.

Is the 'stringbag' freeware also?

regards

Ray

On 7/29/2018 at 11:11 AM, Ray Farrugia said:

Is the 'stringbag' freeware also?

It's the Flying Stations version. I've bought a few of theirs in the past, but I think the "Stringbag" is "donation-ware".

Adam.

Archived