hi all!

some of you have visited my exploring USA series of screenshots and I appreciate the visits and comments, however, I also own another ORBX areas and South America is the part of the globe that I call home

so today and leaving a few shots about a flight near my home city airport, Santiago de Chile (SCEL/SCL) the flight is a short and turbulent hop from Mendoza (MDZ/SAME) 
(payware and freeware sceneries are available for both SCEL and SAME)

about the flight, its shorter than 200 NM and its served daily by A319/320 (and formerly by 737-200) the flight plane is quite simple also, the SID is called UMKAL which is also the point where the sTAR begins and its also called UMKAL and guess what... the intersection where the SID meets the stars is called UMKAL the original name of the place (form many centuries ago is Uspallata, no idea of what does it means in aborigines language sorry) its also a steep flight in both up and downhill segment you need to climb to 240 or higher AFTER reaching the Andes and will talk later about the downhill phase

After Takeoff shot 4ROOgdV.jpg 
after completing the SID turn and headed to the MDZ VOR, btw loved the blend of the ORBX Global+Vector+Open LC SA+the local scenery
VsZOAhB.jpg
about to go vertical the VOR at FL270
zUhhexh.jpg
CZ0bzEf.jpg
leveled
DSMgEFW.jpg
dlkWRVS.jpg
told you its a steeply descend phase so you better keep an eye on speed and another on speed brake
VBmmE4i.jpg
charts? star 3 star 9 https://www.aipchile.gob.cl/dasa/aip_chile_con_contenido/aipmap/SCEL/SCEL%20STAR13.pdf
view from my desk
jqNzTCf.jpg
leaving the Andes Behind
Hh5Isnf.jpg
NJhCqsZ.jpg
and now going deep into the clouds 
86Y4c3k.jpg

was a full IFR arrival, with a lot of work into the cockpit so no more screenshots apart of those here, the real world route demands the intensive use of the speed brake, I flew, sadly as a passenger, 2 weeks ago and sadly again by night... but I think this is how this should have looked like

hope you enjoy 

That was brilliant and I love how SID, STAR and intersection are all called UMKAL!  I don't know if this exists anywhere else in the world.  I love little trivia like this and great set of shots.  By the way, how's the weather in Chile?  Should be your winter now right?

On 7/6/2018 at 6:48 PM, gregmorin said:

Great flight and shots!

Greg

thanks, try it someday, Mendoza doesn't have ATC very often on VATSIM, but the Chilean ACC provides service every week

On 7/6/2018 at 7:00 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

That was brilliant and I love how SID, STAR and intersection are all called UMKAL!  I don't know if this exists anywhere else in the world.  I love little trivia like this and great set of shots.  By the way, how's the weather in Chile?  Should be your winter now right?

yep its winter, looks like silent hill out of my window right now really cold

On 7/6/2018 at 7:22 PM, flyingleaf said:

Great shots. Beautiful area.

thanks!! have it a chance, with a good mesh looks great in the sim and in RL it's truly breathtaking

On 7/6/2018 at 8:00 PM, Wakashi said:

Quite amazing shots and SID, STAR info!:)

since I'm involved in aviation, I always have wondered from where the name of the intersection and checkpoint come from, there are some very interesting stories out there

On 7/6/2018 at 8:02 PM, Bermuda425 said:

High-class selection of shots!

thanks, m8! but TBH just could take a few since the arrival was a very busy time at the cockpit :D

On 7/6/2018 at 9:43 PM, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set and images from your flight.:)

I like these people that do things by the book and understand it all:D.

Me? I just point and shoot!:lol:

I do my best XD (not always the output is by the book)

On 7/7/2018 at 4:13 AM, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set of shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

thanks Iain 

BTW soon will be uploading a few more of the Exploring USA series, moving east now. so thanks to all of you glad you liked the screens

fly safe!

Archived