Over the Ditch - Christchurch to Gold Coast

Bruce R

A 1325 mile flight across the Tasman to Gold Coast.  The default weather threw in an Ozzie sunset.  The airport is ORBX Gold Coast.

2018-6-12_17-50-14-176.thumb.jpg.10ffeeb5f7bff37cfc057eac9198db7b.jpg

About to fly over 'Kerri' which is the first waypoint on the RNAV-P for Runway 14.  The airport is visible.

2018-6-12_19-33-12-459.thumb.jpg.ca137a0629b5a36e7ac8c80d80d248a5.jpg

2018-6-12_19-46-49-566.thumb.jpg.8b8a1bbc06f52e6be6a8af8e80763cd9.jpg

2018-6-12_19-47-6-781.thumb.jpg.9bbc86e4e300e54cb2657603a158dc09.jpg

Bruce R

58 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

That first one is super nice!

Thanks for the comment.  I set up the flight before tea last night and after tea went and checked the progress.  This is exactly how it was.  No touch ups or anything.  I was about half way between New Zealand and Australia over the Tasman sea. 

49 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

How do you get pano shots?

Thanks Jack.  No secrets there.  I have two 27" screens side by side with the flightsim spread across them.  If I press the 'V' button, I get the one image as you see it.  The advantages are that I can get a whole panel on the screen and panning around with EZDOK is great.  The one disadvantage is I have the join of both screens down the centre. That pales into insignificance after you get used to it, and as I said, you can work around it with EZDOK.

IMG_2002.thumb.JPG.5b636e6bd6450746249b553c0eb5ca90.JPG

Bruce R

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

And is that an actual altimeter?  Where did you get it?  

It's fooled a few people so you're not the first.  No it's a clock.  There's 8 different ones you can get.  Here's a link to the store if you're interested.  

https://www.pilotshop.co.nz/gifts-and-toys/?pgnum=8

It's not big as this photo suggests.  It probably the same size as the real thing - 85mm square.

IMG_2003.thumb.JPG.18707fef9040fe68f5a261b50261f11f.JPG

Bruce R

2 minutes ago, Bruce R said:

It's fooled a few people so you're not the first.  No it's a clock.  There's 8 different ones you can get.  Here's a link to the store if you're interested.  

https://www.pilotshop.co.nz/gifts-and-toys/?pgnum=8

It's not big as this photo suggests.  It probably the same size as the real thing - 85mm square.

IMG_2003.thumb.JPG.18707fef9040fe68f5a261b50261f11f.JPG

Bruce R

Wicked, wicked nice Bruce!  I'm there and want to buy one like right now but do they ship to the States?  This store is like a candy store for me!

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

do they ship to the States?

They're an internet shop so they may do so.  Looking on the rear of the clock there's an inscription  -  TRINTEC IND.INC. AJAX, ONTARIO, CANADA  That's pretty close to home so you may find them you way somewhere.

Bruce R

Just now, Bruce R said:

They're an internet shop so they may do so.  Looking on the rear of the clock there's an inscription  -  TRINTEC IND.INC. AJAX, ONTARIO, CANADA  That's pretty close to home so you may find them you way somewhere.

Bruce R

Thanks Bruce, that's what I've been doing but this shop has all the cool stuff.  I left a message with them asking if they'd ship to the US of A.

12 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wicked, wicked nice Bruce!  I'm there and want to buy one like right now but do they ship to the States?  This store is like a candy store for me!

You should be able to get the clock on Amazon USA Jack ;)

15 hours ago, paulb said:

You have a decent rugby team as well

Yes we do at the moment - and we thrashed the French last weekend.  Thanks for your comments by the way.

I'm not long out of bed.  I suppose you northern hemisphere guys are about to head there .....

Bruce R

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

gonna order one now

Will expect to see a series of screen shots of your new clock either on the wall or floating around near your computer somewhere, in due course.

Bruce R

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You bet!

Great set up.  Looks like it could be a 32" screen?  Imagine two side by side.  You'll get that other half of the Piper panel on it .... but then you'll have to buy a new desk.

Bruce R

Just now, Bruce R said:

Great set up.  Looks like it could be a 32" screen?  Imagine two side by side.  You'll get that other half of the Piper panel on it .... but then you'll have to buy a new desk.

Bruce R

Thanks Bruce, it's a 50" with a little one I just bought just for Little Nav Map, it's free and quite useful.  Not enough room in my man cave! ^_^

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You bet!

PRyeQzh.jpg

LcpU9bz.jpg

3G8VmEp.jpg

Hi Jack I have a similar clock as well. Had it for a few years now, think I bought it on the Flightstore in the UK. They used to do loads of flight sim stuff and a catalog and other aviation items, but now they seem to concentrate just the aviation items. Will try and send my pic to you but in bed at the moment. :wacko: night night. Derek.

3 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Meant to ask are they the Saitek throttles your using with the Warthog and are you using fsuipc to set them up. Plus Any reason for not using the Warthog throttle. Derek.

Hi Derek, I bought the Warthog stick for two reason, 1) my Yoko yoke won't be here for another few weeks, and 2) I like it for choppers.  But when I get the Yoko it will be put away for chopper use.

Those are VirtualFly TQ6 dual quads.  I like to fly airliners so the quad is nice for that.  Don't play games or have a need for the throttles as all I have is the F-100 which I fly only occasionally.

Oh, I don't use FSUIPC, I sue SPAD.

Archived