OZX still down ?

Dadtom65

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/18/2018 at 8:13 AM, tom said:

This is all very encouraging......just a thought though, I wonder how all this will go when AUSv2 is released - I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Thats why I have been doing just basic small dirt strips so hopefully they will go ok. Im not doing anything major though until I see what ORBX does with AU, which no doubt will be good.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:      OZx Scenery Library:

I have today spoken with Trevor, "Treetops" the OZx Forum Moderator & link with Jay, also to Craig Hanley one of the prolific scenery developers regarding access to the OZx Scenery Library. Trevs formal response was as follows.

"It has always been the ethos that OZx files are only available from the OZx server. This way the OZx developers retain control as we are the custodians.

I would be happy for a member of the development team to host the files on a google drive or similar as an interim, until we get the server back again.

This would remove the problem of general users hosting files all over the place.

I have a full compliment of OZx installers on my machine kept as a backup.

Something needs to be done very soon about a temporary file server solution."

With that in mind there is to be a meeting via TeamSpeak with Trev, Craig, other available scenery developers & myself (OZxFC Manager) with the view to making as much as possible of the existing OZx Sceneries available.

The exact methodology has yet to be decided but initially will probably involve requesting a scenery from a yet to be published list of sceneries via PM & a link being provided again via PM to Google Drivewhere the folder / file will be shared & can be downloaded. A "Dropbox" link would be easier but most of us have limited capacity.

As stated above details have yet to be fully thought through so as a short term measure if anyone needs a specific scenery feel free to PM me & I will see what can be made available to individuals using the method described above.

I think we all long for the safe return of the OZx Forum & Libraries & all it has brought to the sim community over the years. I hope the above brings in some small way access to most of the OZx scenery libraries, not ideal but it's a start.

HI Nick

I paid AUD $9.95 OZx DVD

Quote from PC Aviator website

NOTE: OZx scenery is FREEWARE, and can be download from the aussiex.org website 
Update: As of May 2018 - the aussiex.org website is offline and no longer accessible.

461DTBQ.jpg

Yen (David)

I have my copies securely saved.

Ever since I had a 33kbps internet connection, I have kept all my hard won

FS related downloads and although it's no longer so important with a 37mbps

connection, it's not a bad habit.

Of course, I put them "somewhere safe" so they are often very difficult to find.

I'm also one of the lucky ones.  I've got everything OZx produced still working and backed up.  I do miss the chat though and, of course anything else they were working on.

John

Hello,

presumably you didn't read this before you posted that unfounded comment.

PC Aviator Australia is offering all current OZx download releases on disc to save you the time,

download bandwidth/data, and effort if you have no, or slow internet connections. It is supplied

at zero profit with permission from OZx. The sale price includes free standard shipping anywhere in the world. 

This is an offer that has been there for years for the exact purpose that it states,

it is not, as you appear to think, a reaction to the failure of the website.

The cost to me would be £5.40.

If I wanted to send a DVD the other way, the International Standard rate

with the Royal Mail is £5.20.

No one is making any money and your comment is not warranted.

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

presumably you didn't read this before you posted that unfounded comment.

This is an offer that has been there for years for the exact purpose that it states,

it is not, as you appear to think, a reaction to the failure of the website.

The cost to me would be £5.40.

If I wanted to send a DVD the other way, the International Standard rate

with the Royal Mail is £5.20.

No one is making any money and your comment is not warranted.

I didnt mean to upset anyone Nick. .I agree that I didnt see that information so I accept that, and there is certainly no grey area in your reply. No hard feelings though and feel free to delete the post if you like. 

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

No, it's fine and will dispel any misunderstandings.

OzX is a remarkable resource, provided entirely free of charge to us all

and PC Aviator Australia are to be applauded for that gesture, in my

humble opinion anyway.

Hopefully a few of us that are left are starting to get all the files we have together, and hopefully will be able to offer at least some of the scenery back online soon.

Cheers

Craig

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

OzX is a remarkable resource, provided entirely free of charge to us all

and PC Aviator Australia are to be applauded for that gesture, in my

humble opinion anyway.

Couldn't agree more and apologies for not making it clear when I had said I had purchased the OZx (Australia) DVD from PC Aviator (the deal between them).

Yen (David)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to revive this old thread but does anybody know what the actual issue was with the Ozx site in the first place? Was it a hosting issue?

It would be great to know more info and if we the community can do anything to help get it back online.

11 minutes ago, bruce e said:

“The site is a mess and will take time to sort out”

Dont really know but from the above And the lack of any warning that the site was to be worked on, i’m guessing it was hacked

That would seem like the case. Well i'm sure they have a good team looking into this, but if they need other developers to help I'll certainly put my hand up.

I have used OzX sceneries for a long time now and I am also an experienced web developer who deals with hosting issues and the occasional hack.

Cheers

2 hours ago, RancidViper said:

That would seem like the case. Well i'm sure they have a good team looking into this, but if they need other developers to help I'll certainly put my hand up.

I have used OzX sceneries for a long time now and I am also an experienced web developer who deals with hosting issues and the occasional hack.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply & offer of help. Would you pm Treetops (See posts 33 #36 above) with your offer, he has contact with Jay & may be able to give you more info.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Peter Crowhurst said:

Sad news indeed .

Is the cd from PC Aviator compatible with P3Dv4+ , what was the last update before " some arshole" spoiled the fun.

Yes all OZx working in P3Dv4 but you will need the converted OZ Libs to show  some of the textures & windsocks not all visible

Last update was 3.5 with a 1.2 library update

The OzX 1.2 libraries for OzX V3.5 were indeed the last official release but they contained many models incompatible with the  P3Dv4. Using the 1.2 libs in P3D v4 could cause instabilities or, at the very least, result in objects not being rendered correctly.

Prior to the web site going down Jorge was actively updating the OzX library for P3D V4. I think the last beta libs OZx_LIBP3DV4.zip were posted in the OzX forum in late Dec 2017 and seemed to have resolved most (all?) of the compatibility issues.

Cheers,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 10:21 AM, paj said:

The OzX 1.2 libraries for OzX V3.5 were indeed the last official release but they contained many models incompatible with the  P3Dv4. Using the 1.2 libs in P3D v4 could cause instabilities or, at the very least, result in objects not being rendered correctly.

Prior to the web site going down Jorge was actively updating the OzX library for P3D V4. I think the last beta libs OZx_LIBP3DV4.zip were posted in the OzX forum in late Dec 2017 and seemed to have resolved most (all?) of the compatibility issues.

Cheers,

Peter

Haven’t experienced any instabilities other than some textures not loading resulting in a black image. Jorges reworked  OZx_LIBP3DV4 cures this problem

On 12/14/2018 at 3:33 PM, Nightstrider101 said:

Hey everyone,

Has anyone got a copy of the OZx 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 Libraries I could have or does anyone know a place to get them?

Thanks,
Nightstrider101

Try this:

https://archive.org/details/@jaykae&tab=uploads

I guess Jay Kae put this Archive up shortly after OzX was hacked.

As always, be careful going in. I downloaded my copy of OzX complete from here awhile back without problem. But these days you can never tell what may have been hacked in the interim.

I hope that helps. - Bob 

On 12/15/2018 at 5:26 AM, bruce e said:

Worth checking the "Community Scenery Addons"

<OZx P3D Libs>

Thanks for the link.

I'd like to install the full Oz freeware package into P3D v4.4.

Can the installers be pointed to the P3D v4 folder or do I use a dummy folder?

Do I need to install Libs 1.2 or do I use the latest update and just activate the Libs Scenery?

What's the order in the scenery library?

Thanks in advance.

Jose

BTW, if the Mods prefer that I start a new thread, please let me know.

20 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Thanks for the link.

I'd like to install the full Oz freeware package into P3D v4.4.

Can the installers be pointed to the P3D v4 folder or do I use a dummy folder?

Do I need to install Libs 1.2 or do I use the latest update and just activate the Libs Scenery?

What's the order in the scenery library?

Thanks in advance.

Jose

BTW, if the Mods prefer that I start a new thread, please let me know.

If using P3D V4+ then just install      OZx P3D Libs           which is the fully updated complete OZx Libs for P3D as of Jan 2018 

Activated in your sim scenery library in the normal way & place it above any FTX entries

Ignore the 1.2 (it's dated Aug 2016)

4 hours ago, bruce e said:

If using P3D V4+ then just install      OZx P3D Libs           which is the fully updated complete OZx Libs for P3D as of Jan 2018 

Activated in your sim scenery library in the normal way & place it above any FTX entries

Ignore the 1.2 (it's dated Aug 2016)

Thanks.

Archived