EDBA to EDRF part 2

Well fellas, these are the last shots till I get the new PC and have it set up.  So I'll still comment but it may be some time before I post screens.

However, I can work on some comics if it's all right with ya'll.

On another note, yesterday the wife unit and I went to the mall to buy something and I saw something I never saw before.  They had this German guy who had a kiosk set up and was charging people $10 to play games in VR.  So it wasn't busy and I asked him if I could just look and not play as I had never wore VR goggles, he was VERY gracious and let me wear them. They were the VIVE OTC ones and he put the hand things in my hands.

I was BLOWN AWAY!  First time ever and I felt like I could walk for miles, I was shooting arrows like a pro and it was like Star Trek's holodeck to me.  I was just standing in one small circle on the floor but all I wanted to do was walk around but he kept grabbing me and pushing me back onto the circle.  But with the VIVE on it looked like I could walk forever.  All I kept thinking was how good Orbx land would look with these on so now I'm hooked and would like to buy some someday soon.  It was fun and when I took them off it was disorienting because I thought I was in a huge world and then back to a boring mall.  I wanted to go back so badly.  I read a lot of sci-fi-fi and now I can understand completely how they say in the future people will spend ALL their time in VR, it would be way too easy to do.

Anyway, sorry about rant.  Here's the landing at EDRF, Bad Durkheim.

Ia6WDB0.jpg

c4q5rOi.jpg

P1wKUXv.jpg

U9vw5Ol.jpg

3GL4W8p.jpg

Aj2JRif.jpg

Jgcm2QI.jpg

llsVkuf.jpg

uSo1S9j.jpg

mWuFepD.jpg

VSPQVEL.jpg

hTcGNMw.jpg

VsrKYAc.jpg

Ymkcs1U.jpg

Nice shots Jack, and I liked your story. [emoji846] That's funny about the guy pushing you back when you tried to walk away! [emoji38]

Interesting cloud in shot 3, and it looks like it's right in your way! [emoji846]

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

A nice set to close with Jack, and I know soon you be back up in the virtual air and up to your old antics :) 

Thanks Landon.  I hope so, it’ll be a while because I’ll have everything but a yoke so I can set things up but not fly :huh:

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Good luck with your new "baby":)

Thanks Karl, I’m going to need it as I’ve never used Windows 10 and will have to rely on an Orb Weaver for views, lots of assigning to do

1 hour ago, caleb1 said:

Nice shots Jack, and I liked your story. emoji846.png That's funny about the guy pushing you back when you tried to walk away! emoji38.png

Interesting cloud in shot 3, and it looks like it's right in your way! emoji846.png

Thanks Caleb!  Yeah, he didn’t want me to trip on something but I’m still amazed at VR, now I want more!

It was and I went right through it :) 

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set to sign off with Jack and lets hope it is not too long before you are back flying again.

An interesting experience with the VR too. 

Thanks Martyn, yeah that VR was amazing.  I'm hooked.  Hey, I jus saw Pearson has been released.  I'm thinking of buying it and it'll be ready when I get the PC.

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Jack! :) It sounds like you might be adding VR to your list of purchases soon ;).

Thanks Paul!  I might, it was one of the coolest experiences I ever had.  No wonder sci-fi-fi writers write about a future where people spend ALL their time in VR.

39 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, yeah that VR was amazing.  I'm hooked.  Hey, I jus saw Pearson has been released.  I'm thinking of buying it and it'll be ready when I get the PC.

Hey, thanks for the heads up, it has only been out like 9 hours and I haven't even noticed that.

I think I have spent enough today so I will get it later.

Bloody Hell, it isn't even in the May Sale!!!!!!!!!!!:huh::o:lol::lol:

(Just a joke for anyone who may think I am serious).;)

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Hey, thanks for the heads up, it has only been out like 9 hours and I haven't even noticed that.

I think I have spent enough today so I will get it later.

Bloody Hell, it isn't even in the May Sale!!!!!!!!!!!:huh::o:lol::lol:

(Just a joke for anyone who may think I am serious).;)

I just bought it and I don't even have a PC to run it on, dang, am I dedicated or what? :lol:

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I just bought it and I don't even have a PC to run it on, dang, am I dedicated or what? :lol:

Well I hope your new rig arrives Jack otherwise what are you going to do.:huh:

You cant even look at the pictures on the box these days!:lol:

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Well I hope your new rig arrives Jack otherwise what are you going to do.:huh:

You cant even look at the pictures on the box these days!:lol:

I'll fly vicariously through ya'll! :P  Well, we have a virtual box on the FTX Direct site.  And Ian's cool shots!

Archived