Solent and Test Pacer

VH-KDK

One image from a flight along The Solent at Southampton.

3.N1IjFrv.jpg

Here we are over the M27 looking south towards The Solent with the River Test flood meadows between Calmore and Hillyfields.

This was a popular location for a lunchtime stroll many years ago when I worked at the Ordnance Survey at Maybush.

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Looks like that was an enjoyable place to stroll for a lunch break for sure Martyn :) Looks nice and quaint ;)

Thanks Landon, it was a pleasant and peaceful spot right on the edge of Southampton.:)

31 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

I do not know what the Solent is but sure is a nice screenshot!!!! 

Thank you John. The Solent is the channel that separates the Isle of Wight from the mainland.:)

25 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shot Martyn. Sure looks like a lovely area to have a nice lunch and beers:P:D. (If I Am not mistaken the Solent Sea can get quite nasty). 

We used to take our lunch and ate it when walking but the pub was visited for a few drinks at other times.

Sadly the pub and the old Ordnance Survey buildings are now a new housing estate.:(

Times change!

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you John. The Solent is the channel that separates the Isle of Wight from the mainland.:)

Been there several times and it's one of the most beautiful waters I have ever sailed on !!

Cowes on the Isle of Wight and Beaulieu Rivers on the mainland side and the Needles at the western entrance to mention some of its highlights.

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Been there several times and it's one of the most beautiful waters I have ever sailed on !!

Cowes on the Isle of Wight and Beaulieu Rivers on the mainland side and the Needles at the western entrance to mention some of its highlights.

That is so interesting Fred but of course this area is a mecca for sailing enthusiasts.

I have only been on Freshwater Bay fishing on a beautiful calm summers day. The only thing missing was the fish. 8 of us all day for one slightly undersized Thornback Skate.:rolleyes:

The highlight of that day was a bright yellow SAR Whirlwind(I think) going from fishing boat to boat. A crew member was sat in the open door with a big blackboard with "fish for fags" written on it. We had nothing to offer though.:lol:

2 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super shot Martyn  and thanks for the green aircraft looks good because i like green regards EMM

Cheers EMM, green meadows and a green plane, an image perfect for you.:lol:

Archived