True Earth Rotterdam

Lenores

In the first place my big congratulations ORBX for this beautiful new EU Netherlands TrueEarth HD scenery. I bought it a few days ago. Really a very nice addition to my P3Dv4 flight simulation experience. I also appreciate very much that you incorporated so many airfields/airstrips. I liked the "cleaning men" that I saw when I parked the aircraft in front of one of the offices at one of the aprons on Budel airport (EHBD). 

If you guys don't mind I have also some points that could be improved:

Many of the cities in The Netherlands are "marked" by old churches that mostly have towers that reach out above the surrounding buildings (in the old center of these cities). In the case of the "big" cities, like Amsterdam, ORBX did a perfect job, but in various cities in the south (other parts of the country I did not see. I have to explore yet) are missing these city "marks". An example: the capital of the province of Limburg, the city of Maastricht, has two beautiful basilicas and one remarkable red colored tower of a protestant church on the side of one of these two basilicas. I do not see them. Also the old city hall building in the center of the Market of Maastricht is missing (see edited screenshot #3). Then there is  a modern "landmark", the "Provinciehuis" which appears in the ORBX EU NL TrueEarth HD scenery, but it looks like it has sunk into the earth (See the attached edited screenshot #1). Then Maastricht has one old bridge that stems from the Roman imperial time. The bridge is in the scenery, but it doesn't looks like the real one. (See the attached edited screenshot #1). If I see how the "Sint Servaas" bridge looks like in the scenery and I compare it with the great work ORBX did with some bridges in the city of Rotterdam, then Maastricht has been handled maybe with too less attention or maybe say less accuracy. I think that Maastricht, a city with a great history, deserves more attention by ORBX. Positively surprised I was however when I happened to pass over one of the old defense systems that were built in the city of Maastricht, the one known as the "Maria Bastion". It is in the scenery! (see the area between the added red lines in the screenshot #2). Congrats ORBX!

As I was starting my critical part of my feedback, about the old churches that "mark" a lot of cities. I miss them, in the province of Limburg, in cities like: Sittard, Echt, Roermond and Weert. I probably could mention more but I did only a few flights yet. On the other hand I want to thank ORBX for the precise details, for example the routing of higways but also secondary roads; the Electrical Energy Plant in Maasbracht (also the one in Geertruidenberg (together with the scenic nature area: "Biesbosch")); the waterlocks in Maasbracht (btw. the bridge over the waterlocks also is sunk into the earth!). Even a tiny chapel devoted to St. Mary a few hundred feet south of the waterlocks in Maasbracht, just beside the eastern dike of the canal is there (I know this location because I lived there a few years. I used to pass it when did my frequent walks with my dog). I think this is enough for now. See it as a positive feedback. ORBX. I love your products. That is why I bought quite some of them in the past year. Above all I love this latest creation. 

2018-4-28_22-29-44-440_M20R_over_Province_house_and_river_Maas_V2.jpg

2018-4-28_22-31-42-425_M20R_over_Bastion_Maria_at_the_Statensingel_in_Maastricht_V2.jpg2018-4-28_22-42-30-715_M20R_straight_in_RWY03_EHBK_as_nr_2_v2.thumb.jpg.51fdac4013987e6ba2a6844d67500fc5.jpg

Archived