Central TrueEarth Netherlands issue topics

Er!k

Hello all, I think it is a good idea to put all the feedback for RealEarth Netherlands in 1 topic. In this way it is easy for the developers to see what needs to be adjusted

- One post per issue

- No replies to keep the topic clean

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There are 3 windmills at the A15 near Gorinchem. In the scenery they are modelled OK, but there are 2 smaller windmills that should not be there:

2018-4-26_16-8-57-793.jpg

Situation IRL:

Naamloos.png

Edited by Er!k

At Amsterdam I see places without buildings and some trees in the water.

I also have a request : can there be made a second AG set that is less dense to start with ? 

On my triple view setup ( 14 cores 7940X@4.8 Ghz )  I have to use Sparse-Normal to fly without stutters . However , other scenery , like Germany FTX then have too little buildings/trees. There I can fly with AG set to Dense.  A more AG balance between the TrueEarth series and FTX Regions would be very welcome        

Orbx_Adam 1.png

Edited by GSalden

1 hour ago, Crizz said:

I can continue, but there are so many things missing... what is the idea behind True Earth the Netherlands?

What was your idea behind this product then? you really think they would model every building in Holland? This was not the intention of this product. See the product page for more information before this topic will end up with the wromg expectations.

Many things are missing but lots are done too. So take advantage of them. I don't see much of simmers who purchased the product visiting them

Question for the developers :

Would it be possible to make :

1 a less Dense overall AG set as a base to start with ( perhaps 50% of the 1.59 GB ) ? Normal is as Very Dense with other scenery. The difference in AG density compared to other addons is enormous

or

2 an option to choose less AG for larger cities like Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Groningen . Especially Amsterdam with all its canals and Schiphol next to it with lots of AI aircraft is very taxing on the system 

Now people with less high end systems , or multi view systems like me , have to turn off water and cloud shadows to avoid stutters

The scenery is looking superb but a little more breathing space to have a stable and fluid sim would also be very welcome. 

A reminder please, this is NOT a support topic, this is for reporting things that could be improved with 

this product.

If you have a support request please post a topic in the Payware or FTX Central v3 support forum.

If you cannot see your support request post any more here, please look for it at those two forums.

Thanks.

Very small town but still... ;) This area is very distinct from the rest of the town because of all the 'flatgebouwen' (how do you call those high buildings in English...? Flats, just like in Dutch?) But even if those high buildings are too hard too add something might be done about the unrealistic current autogen buildings that seem out of proportion.

2018-4-28_13-15-8-289.jpg

Here is a real world picture (not showing all flats btw):

Smitsveen.jpg

BTW I have lowered my autogen settings for performance purposes: with autogen at extremely dense it looks like this (zoomed in view). In this case less autogen is better. ;)

2018-4-25_20-43-11-341.jpg

Did you really think that every building/object would be present ?..

No, but at least the most significant ones.

What was your idea behind this product then? you really think they would model every building in Holland? This was not the intention of this product. See the product page for more information before this topic will end up with the wromg expectations.

My idea was that it would be awesome for VFR flight. It also is, but I am missing significant landmarks. 

Edited by Crizz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As I wrote in another post - I love this scenery, did so from the first moment on. I can immediately recognize the landscapes I have visited in real live already :)

What I miss, to be honest, miss very much, are the churches in cities and villages. They are the unique landmarks of European settlements.

Now, I know as well about the dilemma - they miss everywhere in the sim where they have not been hand crafted and specifically added by a developer.
First, there is no autogen church building available, isn't it (at least I cannot remember to have come across the classic 'ship and tower' church architecture building anywhere)?
Second - I don't know for the Netherlands - but in Germany there is about > 60'000 church buildings, and they all look different ... 

But wouldn't it be already a large step into the right direction if at least a church-like-looking autogen building would represent the center of a town or a village? This would be marvelous ...

Best Regards

Frank

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To be honest, I am hugely disappointed in the scenery so far. It was a nightmare to install, but I managed in the end, but the result is pretty underwhelming I must say.

I am running this on my new machine (i7-7700K @ 4.2 Ghz, 16Gb RAM, GeforceGTX1050, from a normal 2TB disc) , with all sliders right, and the ground textures load slow, and I miss a lot of autogen, most houses and trees do not show up.In general, the scenery is slow to load (I have lots of other photoreal stuff, usually much faster, but that may be due to a lack of autogen).

Here's a few shots of Delft, where I live and work part of the time:

jk3147.jpg

the part on the right of the canal is the center, and that shows houses, (though they are too tall, very few 5 story houses in old Delft), but on the left of the canal, outside the center, there is no autogen, except for a few large buildings. My house is not present.

Here's a shot looking toward the university, where I work:

jk3148.jpg

The building in front has a strange roof, but most of the high rise buildings of the university are missing completely, including the landmark 25 story electro building and the building I work in, which also huge. The library misses its cone as well, and most student flats are missing, as are all the trees.

Here's a pic of the real campus: https://www.aerophotostock.com/-/galleries/all/-/medias/805eb728-879d-4552-9682-eaa7cb3bdaea-tu-delft-delft-de-technische-universiteit-delft-gezien-vanaf-s

This is just Delft, but I went and 'visited' my parents in Castricum (no autogen) and brother in Koedijk (no autogen either), so sorry, not very happy at the moment.

• Sad 1

Hi jankees,

your screenshot doesn't show a single autogen building or tree, only the city centers that are blocks of custom objects but not autogen. Please re-post in the support forum so that we can help you discover why no autogen is showing for you.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Jankees

although Holger has answered you, I am still going to show you this screen

shot which I think I have replicated, despite there being only clues as to where it is,

if for no other reason than not to have wasted the search.

Autogen sliders would be my first port of call.

Untitled.jpg

classical microsoft! Switch computer off, switch computer on, and things work much better...

jk3150.jpg

still room for improvement, but I now see it as it is supposed to look I guess.

What dd I do? Moved autogen sliders to the left, and tried again after restart. Moving them back to the right did not make much of a difference.

Edited by jankees

Well EU Netherlands TrueEarth is a step forward and the big cities sure look good.

Small towns are another story missing landmarks Churches, Light Houses and Towers are missing.

One example is the island of Schouwen Duiveland  the major city Zierikzee  missing tower and Kerkwerve no church in the main center.

Maybe I am expecting to much not all areas are Photo Real.

Here is a picture of Kerkwerve P3D and the other from Google Earth. 

2018-4-28_15-31-26-772.jpg

Kerkwerve.jpg

2 small corrections for the town of Haren (near Groningen)

- On the market square, the is a square building where the real world building is round, so may be removed

- Haren has an iconic windmill which is not represented in the scenery

2018-4-29_7-21-7-817.thumb.jpg.9bc7f077f8797112b3595563db120345.jpg

Haren001.thumb.png.ee0ef0f7ff530db99eb06c97ff862ec0.pngHaren002.thumb.png.5edb2d8f830766b323e8780bcba0d675.png

First of all, thanks for the great job you guys did! I am now spamming a topic full of missing landmarks and on the other hand people are asking for better performance.

My performance is OK, except near the Rotterdam - Delft - The Hague area where too much dense cities are next to each other. Maybe it is an option to make the cities controlled via the autogen slider as well? Or maybe there is another holy grail in gaining some extra performance over there?

Look like a tough job to find the ultimate balance! Speaking for myself, besides the double/interfering objects, the missing landmarks are 'nice to have'.

44 minutes ago, Er!k said:

First of all, thanks for the great job you guys did! I am now spamming a topic full of missing landmarks and on the other hand people are asking for better performance.

My performance is OK, except near the Rotterdam - Delft - The Hague area where too much dense cities are next to each other. Maybe it is an option to make the cities controlled via the autogen slider as well? Or maybe there is another holy grail in gaining some extra performance over there?

Look like a tough job to find the ultimate balance! Speaking for myself, besides the double/interfering objects, the missing landmarks are 'nice to have'.

The density of the inner cities is controlled by the scenery Complexity slider. With sparse they are of and replaced by AG buildings . Above sparse they are all there. So not extra buildings per notch up.

Because other addons use this slider too and add extra objects per notch up setting it to sparse is not an option.

In an earlier post I wrote about a less dense AG package for larger cities . That might help a lot 

Edited by GSalden