Central TrueEarth Netherlands issue topics

Er!k

23 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Hi Marcus,

LOd at High

AG both at Dense

Water to Off ( but I still can see the sunlight shining in it )

Normal texture size ( so 512 )

As I have triple view 4K setup using HD would be overkill. And with skyfog and raleigh scattering you will not see the difference between 512 and 1024 ground textures anyway.

Thanks for Sharing. I used Autogen and Scenery Draw Distance at Extremely high and I guess that did overkill my loading times in combi with TextSizeExp in cfg. set 9. 4095x4095 and High Resolution set to on. Flying VR with Oddyssey it was to much taxing my system. Now set 2048x2048 without High Res set. Autogen and Scenery draw distance to Medium or High. TSE is still set to 9 although I am thinking about to remove that tweak. Now I'm able to have 28 FPS in VR at Schiphol 18C FlyTampa with NL TE. That's ok in VR. In 4k it's 35 FPS average. No matter how low i go with my settings. Even tried John V his setup. Still getting some blurries at 300FT and 250 KIAS PMDG 747-8 with VR. But only If I keep circling above NE TE. Just High Level overflying is ok for me. Will do some testing tomorow. Maybe I will use my FSPS Dynamic again. After a complete new install of windows and p3d with 7 Days off installing I let that one left off. 

It's a pity to see that my contribution is not honored by the development team while removing the trees is aviation related. I cannot fly the low zone as the real pilots do.

Also the Westpoint in Tilburg is a VFR aid to find both Eindhoven and Gilze-Rijen. It also isn't included in the update.

I do like the update but I really miss the removed trees and Westpoint.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi all, Yesterday, i installed the update of the true earth Netherlands scenery. When i  go to an airport in the Netherlands, it takes a lot of time to load the scenery.

EHAM  takes 13 minutes to load. Does somebody have the same problem or what can be the solution. 

(PC prcessor Intel core i7-7700K , 4,20 GHZ, ram mem. 32 GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080, 8gb)

Theo

Hi Theo,

Look at my post on earlier page (#116) where I have posted a YouTube movie.

I started there at Schiphol and had no problem at all.

Also check the setting the other members spoke of in the previous posts. That might help!

Have a nice flight,

Wil

23 hours ago, Euphonist said:

Hi Theo,

Also check the setting the other members spoke of in the previous posts. That might help! #117)

Have a nice flight,

Wil

23 hours ago, Euphonist said:

Hi Theo,

Also check the setting the other members spoke of in the previous posts. That might help!

Have a nice flight,

Wil

Hi Will, (something did go wrong with my reply.) thank you for your reaction 

Before the update i had no problems at all with the Netherlands. (with full settings). I have to uncheck some of the settings. that will help. But what is amsterdam without floating houses. (-:. 

i give it a try. (Nice movie)

have a nice flight too.

Theo

• Like 1

Hi - I've installed the recent 1.10 update and now notice that the loading time has increased considerably (seem to be stuck forever at a mere 6%).

Some aditional details: Installed in admin mode and had first deactivated my virus scanner.

Default P3Dv4.4 airtport setting: EHRD (Rotterdam)

I've just performed a "verify files" operation and if the issue remains will uninstall and then install again. Appreciate any other input from others that possibly experienced similar.

Thanks / cheers,

Herman :huh:

Hello,

uninstalling and reinstalling in this case is a complete waste of your time and bandwidth.

How long is forever in your case?

In mine, with just TENL active, it is around three minutes and five minutes from scenario screen to flying.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

uninstalling and reinstalling in this case is a complete waste of your time and bandwidth.

How long is forever in your case?

In mine, with just TENL active, it is around three minutes and five minutes from scenario screen to flying.

Thank you for your response, Nick.  As mentioned earlier, I performed a verification of the files... all okay.

I timed "loading terrain data @6%" and it took a solid 11 minutes+  

It took just 3 minutes loading time to shoot from 6% to 100% thereafter.

Perhaps ORBX can investigate as there is definitely an issue since I performed the upgrade.

Thank you / cheers,

7 hours ago, Herman Auer said:

Thank you for your response, Nick.  As mentioned earlier, I performed a verification of the files... all okay.

I timed "loading terrain data @6%" and it took a solid 11 minutes+  

It took just 3 minutes loading time to shoot from 6% to 100% thereafter.

Perhaps ORBX can investigate as there is definitely an issue since I performed the upgrade.

Thank you / cheers,

In response to your test I just performed a test.

Using the freeware Scenery Config Editor I unticked all scenery layers except:

TE Netherlands

TE GB (as a flight might well go over the Channel)

All European Airports (those starting with an E)

Orbx Libs

And the Open Landclass Europe scenery as well.

I also retained all my AU airports and the AU scenery as I intend to fly there tonight.

After I had selected a flight at Schipol, I hit Fly Now and it was just on 4 minutes to get past 6% and exactly 5 minutes to load the flight ready to take off.

If you're using a hard drive instead of an SSD I think 11 minutes is an expected time to load such dense scenery.  If you're using an SSD, it shouldn't be taking that long, unless you have many scenery layers active and some traffic programs and other intensive scenery items such as a high end airliner and other complex airports.

11 hours ago, John Dow said:

In response to your test I just performed a test.

Using the freeware Scenery Config Editor I unticked all scenery layers except:

TE Netherlands

TE GB (as a flight might well go over the Channel)

All European Airports (those starting with an E)

Orbx Libs

And the Open Landclass Europe scenery as well.

I also retained all my AU airports and the AU scenery as I intend to fly there tonight.

After I had selected a flight at Schipol, I hit Fly Now and it was just on 4 minutes to get past 6% and exactly 5 minutes to load the flight ready to take off.

If you're using a hard drive instead of an SSD I think 11 minutes is an expected time to load such dense scenery.  If you're using an SSD, it shouldn't be taking that long, unless you have many scenery layers active and some traffic programs and other intensive scenery items such as a high end airliner and other complex airports.

Thanks for responding, John. I have it intalled on a Samsung 860EVO SSD and do have numerous additional sceneries for the European region so this may indeed have an effect.

When activating P3Dv4.4 it also loads Ultimate Traffic Live and products via VFX Central. However, these are usually loaded prior or whilst displaying the startup screen.

I'll monitor further and if issues arise, will return to the forum.

Thanks / cheers,

Herman :)

Hello,

Can somebody please explain me how to deinstall the latest update and go back to the previous version? Loading times after update are extremely bad!

Yes, I've read the previous posts, but I just want to have everything like it was before the update!

Thanks!

On 3/9/2019 at 11:14 AM, Swordfish said:

Can somebody please explain me how to deinstall the latest update and go back to the previous version? Loading times after update are extremely bad!

Yes, I've read the previous posts, but I just want to have everything like it was before the update!

Hello,

visit the product control panel and deselect grenhouses, shed model and lighthouses.

Then you will have the version before the update.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

visit the product control panel and deselect grenhouses, shed model and lighthouses.

Then you will have the version before the update

Thanks!, definitely decreases the loading time.

Do you maybe known some more very demanding settings I can deselect in the control panel?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Then you will have the version before the update.

I too suffered from extreme long (10-15 minutes) loading time after installing the update. Disabling above options solved it. I was curious and enabled them one by one. It seems the 'shed model' is causing the long loading time. Is this the new, smaller model that has replaced the large, off scale sheds in the original first release? Then this probably can be fixed?

Edited by Hakkie

Deselecting the grenhouses, shed model and lighthouses fixes the problem for me as well. I updated to TE Netherlands a while ago and went flying in Australia for a while. Yesterday I flew Doha to Amsterdam using PMDG 747-8F and FT Schiphol and ORBX TE Netherlands. Once crossing the Dutch border I really had slow loading textures and my sound was a bit stuttering when panning in views. At 10.000ft I decided to end the flight because the textures where all blurry. I disabled all my addons and with only the default raptor and TE Netherlands I still had the problem. I came accros this topic and deselecting the grenhouses, shed model and lighthouses really fixes this issue and now I enabled all my addons again and it still works.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, Maikel van der Heijden said:

Deselecting the grenhouses, shed model and lighthouses fixes the problem for me as well. I updated to TE Netherlands a while ago and went flying in Australia for a while. Yesterday I flew Doha to Amsterdam using PMDG 747-8F and FT Schiphol and ORBX TE Netherlands. Once crossing the Dutch border I really had slow loading textures and my sound was a bit stuttering when panning in views. At 10.000ft I decided to end the flight because the textures where all blurry. I disabled all my addons and with only the default raptor and TE Netherlands I still had the problem. I came accros this topic and deselecting the grenhouses, shed model and lighthouses really fixes this issue and now I enabled all my addons again and it still works.

Hi,

I believe it's only the "shed model" that needs to be de-selected for the loading time. You can leave "grenhouses" and "lighthouses" selected without any problems.

Kind regards,

• 3 weeks later...

It's sad to see that two months after the NL update, the issue with "Shed model" hasn't been addressed by ORBX. I spent most of yesterday's evening troubleshooting my install because after a short break from flying in P3D I went back to NL and out of sudden I started experiencing blurries on both 4.4 and 4.5 and terrible loading times on 4.5. Just unticking those options in ORBX control panel made the issue go away.

Not to mention there are several threads reporting similar issues on the forum without a fix posited, instead the people get the usual "lower your setting, lock the FPS" answers. 

Edited by some1

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I'm very happy with the Orbx true earth scenery and that was the reason I bought a new computer, P3D V4.5 and fly at the sim again. A lot has been changed in 15 years time :). Since the purchase I use it a lot for VFR practise. Although everything is working very well, there are some issues at Schiphol. I'm not sure if it caused by my P3D V4.5 setup but everytime when I try to park a Schiphol in the areas marked with red my plane crashes. (my taxi speed is around 4 knots) I don't hit anything and there are no bumps in the road. I can't figure out why all my planes crashes at the entry of the parking area. I have the realism settings to detect building crashes but not overstressing. I can park at the other places.

I also can't get the passenger bridge to work at Schiphol. If I fly to Belgium, Germany or England it works perfectly. Is there a way to activate it in the Orbx NL scenery? If there are other planes parked at Schiphol I can see the passenger bridges are docked. Many thanks and good luck with developing.

Best regards,

Mike

Schiphol.jpg

Schiphol gate.jpg

I have to correct my last post. I have fixed the passenger gateway issue. Unfortunately I choose some airplanes which  are not capable of docking. Of all the aircrafts I had I just tried 3 which all doesn't work. So this is no Orbx error, just my P3d setup fail.... 

Yesterday I tried to dicover what could cause the crash of entering the parking area. The plane (all types) only crashes when I driving over the vehicle lane for cars. This is during entering and leaving. Only when I disable the crash detection completely I can enter the parking area. 

Just a note for the tower at Schiphol 36L runway. The ATC is not housed in a watertower, but in a control tower. Small tip for improved. Probebly this was already reported by some else. Further one the scenery looks amazing. Good job!

Schiphol 36L tower 1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! 

I have installed TreEarth Netherlans HD. After that I installed  FlyTampa EHAM..but the proximity of EHAM was black,. I removed Central TrueEahrt Netherland... this problem was removed. Is there something to be done? I really would like to use TrNeHD.

Os WIN 10 pro 64 bit, PeparD3v4.5

kindly Jussi of Finland

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 9:53 AM, jussi57 said:

Hello! 

I have installed TreEarth Netherlans HD. After that I installed  FlyTampa EHAM..but the proximity of EHAM was black,. I removed Central TrueEahrt Netherland... this problem was removed. Is there something to be done? I really would like to use TrNeHD.

Os WIN 10 pro 64 bit, PeparD3v4.5

kindly Jussi of Finland

Yes it's a messy with FlyTampa EHAM + TE Nederlands ... Also trying to find a solution here.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi ORBX,

I think this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere so here goes:

It would be mosst helpful if you could provide us with an exclude file for ORBX lights in the EHAM area. Currently, EHAM is covered by floating streetlights that we can not exclude using normal ADE exclusions because ORBX has opted to divert from standard SDK if I understand correctly? 

I have dug into the different autogen GUIDs assigned to your lights but there are so many different ones that for an outsider, it is impossible to create a working exclusion file.

If you could help me out by providing an exclusion for the EHAM Area for all of your lights that would be most helpful. If anybody else knows how to fix this annoying issue and can offer input, I would be very grateful as well. 

Greetings,

Erik

Edited by ErikBr

18 hours ago, ErikBr said:

Hi ORBX,

I think this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere so here goes:

It would be mosst helpful if you could provide us with an exclude file for ORBX lights in the EHAM area. Currently, EHAM is covered by floating streetlights that we can not exclude using normal ADE exclusions because ORBX has opted to divert from standard SDK if I understand correctly? 

I have dug into the different autogen GUIDs assigned to your lights but there are so many different ones that for an outsider, it is impossible to create a working exclusion file.

If you could help me out by providing an exclusion for the EHAM Area for all of your lights that would be most helpful. If anybody else knows how to fix this annoying issue and can offer input, I would be very grateful as well. 

Greetings,

Erik

Hi Erik,

I have the same issue like you and tried many thing but haven't fixed it yet.. Hopefully ORBX can help us out with this issue.

• Upvote 1

And, aside from the answer itself, you think it’s a smart idea to just completely ignore a paying loyal customer?

Sorry guys but what’s going on?

Edinburgh was a bad release in multiple ways and still hasn’t been fixed after weeks (or is it months now?), and helping with a basic request such as the above isn’t possible? (Note there are more people watching this thread and commenting/liking, so it isn’t a very strange question)

This isn’t the ORBX that I Have known. I used to buy all of your releases in ‘my area’ (Europe) without even checking the price or screenshots. It seems I have to reconsider this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello People,

I have now for a while a very weird issue with ORBX addon. AS you can see on my screenshots below the area around amsterdam seems like it is very white even there is now snow. Than when i pass the area rotterdam all becomes normal. What could this issue be, i would be very happy if someonecan help me.

Thanks in advance

Screenshot_4.thumb.jpg.9993dd9d3baff3c1942c0e1a18da829a.jpg

Here you can see that the area around amsterdam is white and further away somewhere around rotterdam all is ok.

Screenshot_1.jpg.355b07097480211da588920cb4a9954d.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg.252a80a414b43ab84785eac411243eee.jpg

I have found this to be standard ORBX TENL behaviour. If you zoom out in top-down mode, you can see that the snow textures cover only part of the country. I don't know why this is.

Change the date to december and I think you will find the snow is gone.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to download this scenery, but when I got around 55gb,   I got message saying it lost connection-retrying, that stayed on screen all day, so decided to cancel, and after 3 hours, it's still in the process! I have HUGHES NETWORK sat dish, whic h isn't the fastest network around. My question is, is there another way to get these large, maybe on disk? I have already paid for this, any suggestion anyone. Thanks.

Larry

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. A cupple weeks ago I purchased Orbx true earth Netherlands and I was incredibly disappointed when I was flying into EHEH or EHAM coming from an area further than one chunk away because the terrain textures wont load in and just look like a green blob. No matter what I try or how low my settings are I cant get it to load in and render before I am lower than 1000ft.

Has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it?

My rig is:

i7-8700 (non-k) at 4.1 Ghz

Rog Strix RTX 2060 OC 6gb

Samsung 3.84 TB ssd 

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up using this product... Performance is not good, bugs/misplaced objects/missing objects are not being fixed; bad compatibility with other airports than FT EHAM (like Aerosoft EHRD/EHBK) and NL2000... Removed all autogen to improve performance, but indeed buildings from the larger cities cannot be removed as far as I know.