Musketeer

Spent some quality time flying through Thailand on my day off today.

Having started in Sydney a while ago I have been gradually doing short legs north through Australia/PNG/Indonesia/Singapore/Malaysia and now Thailand. The aim is to go through Asia, the Mid-East and Europe to London. Not sure if I'll keep going after that or start something new. I'm not too sure I'd want to do the leg from Europe to North America, given that I'm flying low'n'slow in fairly short hops, that could be challenging and fairly desolate across the Atlantic I'm guessing!

Anyway, I have all of the ORBX global and region products, although I guess in this part of the world it's just Global and Vector that apply. I also have the FS Global 2010 mesh. Sadly no payware airports in the region, so until I get to Europe it will be a bit "vanilla", but I have to say I'm still enjoying the flying and the scenery regardless.

I've now gotten as far as Bangkok:

WorldTour.thumb.jpg.52bd5dd0210ce4daf988feca83ecc07e.jpg

And here are a few shots from today's 4 legs which were

WMKP (Penang) <--> VTSP (Phuket)

VTSP (Phuket) <--> VTSM (Ko Samui)

VTSM (Ko Samui) <--> VTBP (Prachuap)

VTBP (Prachuap) <--> VTBD (Bangkok)

The aircraft is Carenado's Embraer Phenom 100.

Thai01.thumb.jpg.e07174cb3a9744b487b3688301cec6c7.jpg

Thai02.thumb.jpg.4e7e3da2141be426a1cdff4cb75d76c7.jpg

Thai03.thumb.jpg.339f266013ce819dad39ea27227c2096.jpg

A fantastic tour map & plan you have got there, Mustketeer. Plus some nice & pleasureful pictures of Thailand.

I agree, the long plains of Asia may become a bit boring, especially without OpenLC Asia - well, Rome was not built in one day. At least you may have enough sights until India / Himalaya...

PS: Be careful when meeting Martyn. He is known as a notorious storyteller, you´ll lose some days of you trip then!

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful tropical images.

I am just about to fly from Phuket to Don Meuang in a 744 so I might meet you on the ground there!:)

4.pk1.jpg

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

A fantastic tour map & plan you have got there, Mustketeer. Plus some nice & pleasureful pictures of Thailand.

I agree, the long plains of Asia may become a bit boring, especially without OpenLC Asia - well, Rome was not built in one day. At least you may have enough sights until India / Himalaya...

PS: Be careful when meeting Martyn. He is known as a notorious storyteller, you´ll lose some days of you trip then!

Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out for Martyn :). I've decided my next stop will be VTPM sometime today or tomorrow, then into Myanmar.

12 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Sounds like a excellent tour that your doing.  Nice screenshots and I hope we more.

Thanks. It started out as a casual flight along the east coast of Australia. Then after Cairns I thought I'd keep going to see how the northern tip of Australia looks, then I thought I might try the hop across to PNG - intending to end at my orbx AYPY addon. But somewhere in the middle of PNG I decided I may as well keep going and see how far I can get!

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great ones Musketeer, your route looks similar to the MacRobertson Air Race I just did.

Had to look that up! Must have been some journey back in the day. We've come a long way when you can now fly non-stop from the west of Australia to London.

8 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots these. 

cheers 

Iain 

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Three fine shots from the Musketeer ; that has a nice ring to it .....:):huh::D

Cheers

John

Thanks guys. Will post the occasional update if I fly over any interesting scenery. Given the lack of an OLC in the region, I'll probably take a route west through Asia that tracks close to the mountainous regions near the Himalayas to try and get some nice mountain scenery :)

Knowing my luck OLC Asia will launch just after I finish! That actually happened before with OLC North America, I spent a couple of months doing flights all around the US on a long weaving west-to-east trip, and within 2 weeks of finishing OLC NA launched!!

8 hours ago, Musketeer said:

Knowing my luck OLC Asia will launch just after I finish!

That´s what usually happens to all of us :blink::D. Though, in this case, I´d expect that OLC Asia will need a bit longer to complete - as per the notes on the forum OLC Africa comes first.

Archived