KORS - CAX6 by Helicopter

Wakashi

Made a short trip by helicopter from KORS to Ganges Harbor, hope you enjoy the short trip! :)

1. FltPlanGo map of the flight plan (pretty straight)

18b1ba.jpg

2. Ready for lift off at KORS.

2d6a1d.jpg

3. Just above the treetops leaving KORS, almost due west flight.

361c84.jpg

4. Slipping accross the border into B.C. Canada.

4960b2.jpg

5. Cruising over Saturna Island Canada (first land mass from KORS)

5ddfc1.jpg

6. North Pender Island just adhead. (Pender seems to be a prominent name around Canada)

6.jpg

7. Ganges Harbour in the short distance approx. 2 nm.

7.jpg

8. Our first glimpse of Ganges City from the harbour. 

8.jpg

9. Glad I decided to wear my waders today! :rolleyes:

9.jpg

10. Sitting at the sea plane dock.

10.jpg

11. Waiting on my passenger to get to the dock for a departure back to KORS.

11.jpg

12. My track from departure to arrival (hard to fly a straight line in a chopper & keep up with everything) for me at least! 

12.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

3 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Roger, this was a very nice heli tour and a great bunch of screenshots :)

Thank you Sir I appreciate that!  Colorado Springs huh!, been a while since I visited that city, Manitou Springs and Garden of the Gods is what I remember most about my visit, really nice place!

3 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Thank you Sir I appreciate that!  Colorado Springs huh!, been a while since I visited that city, Manitou Springs and Garden of the Gods is what I remember most about my visit, really nice place!

Yup Roger, been here since last August when I transferred from Hawaii ;) Garden of the Gods and Manitou Springs are both still hot spots here, and both nice scenic areas. There are lots more scenic areas here to besides those...lots and lots of hiking trails as Colorado Springs sit's right along the 'front range' of the Rockies. 

28 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well done Roger!  Man do I miss that app, but no room on my iPad.  Very scenic and I like your camera views too, especially where you have the skids in view, I might do that.

Thanks Jack, the belly view was a bit much for me so I just moved forward to a spot I liked better.  Hope you can get the app again someday!

Archived