MacRobertson Air Race leg 9

Jack Sawyer

This time from Karachi, OPKC to Jodhpur, VIJO.  I'm getting there, it will be fun to make it to Melbourne.

And @Eugene Kremlev I was told that it was a perfect landing. :)

kibBQYq.jpg

oAruewz.jpg

oTdyznj.jpg

More sand, oh boy!

rDyKO8a.jpg

Now this is some nice scenery!

SkuUABa.jpg

Don't know what city that is below but I like it.

JudrmO6.jpg

HdNWR4H.jpg

Surprise!  More sand!

3tsNzj5.jpg

MXicxUj.jpg

I like this!

Xk9ug46.jpg

JRQTTav.jpg

izLIAkz.jpg

Mei9Dd8.jpg

Who built those high rises so close to the end of the runway?

KD7AR67.jpg

Eof2vzQ.jpg

6IpVb5J.jpg

YndwEC6.jpg

Who built those high rises so close to the end of the runway? - The local's heard that the legendary pilot MacRobertson was coming , they wanted you to have a challenge . :huh::rolleyes:;):lol:

Cheers

John

Just now, European Mountain Man said:

Thanks Jack it is very cold today and snowing like hell do not normally get snow regards EMM 

We have massive flood warnings, potential thunderstorms and tornadoes.  But I think it'll be ok.  My park is so flooded I'd need a rowboat to hike, no kidding.

3 minutes ago, BradB said:

Who built those high rises so close to the end of the runway? - The local's heard that the legendary pilot MacRobertson was coming , they wanted you to have a challenge . :huh::rolleyes:;):lol:

Cheers

John

It was a challenge and I actually had a perfect landing according to the A2A report whenI shut down.

Another nice leg Jack....coming in to that landing over those high rises kind of reminds me of the approach over downtown San Diego when flying into KSAN from the East. In real life, as you descend, there are high rises on either side of the aircraft that are higher than the aircraft...kinda freaky...nice shots, and make sure you have your life jacket handy for that real life weather you are experiencing. I have lots of family and friends in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia so I am very aware of the stormy weather. 

13 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Another nice leg Jack....coming in to that landing over those high rises kind of reminds me of the approach over downtown San Diego when flying into KSAN from the East. In real life, as you descend, there are high rises on either side of the aircraft that are higher than the aircraft...kinda freaky...nice shots, and make sure you have your life jacket handy for that real life weather you are experiencing. I have lots of family and friends in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia so I am very aware of the stormy weather. 

Thanks Landon, been to KSAN many times  in real life and love that approach but I like the departure even better!

And yeah, flood warnings now and we’re being POUNDED with rain.  It’ll take till August for my trails to be hikeable again. :(

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! Leg 9 completed! You are getting closer now :).

As for the airport, it reminds me of landing at Kai Tak :D.

Thanks Paul!  I agree, too many tall buildings.

2 hours ago, Eugene Kremlev said:

Hmm, you speak true me, Jack? :D

Beautiful shots!

Yep, the A2A report said it was an excellent landing Eugene.  I greased it.

12 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Really a great tour, Jack, and now you are coming into more common travel regions. What will be your next stopover?

PS: The city should be Hyderabad/PAK, not to mix up with the more famous Hyderabad in India.

Thanks Gerold!  I didn't know the names were spelled like that, I'm going from a map that's decades old.  Next stop is "Allahabad".

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Next stop is "Allahabad".

In that case you MUST make a stopover in Agra (half of your distance), visit the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort. At least the first one is (badly...) represented in FSX, so it should be in p3d as well. You like a teaser?

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

In that case you MUST make a stopover in Agra (half of your distance), visit the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort. At least the first one is (badly...) represented in FSX, so it should be in p3d as well. You like a teaser?

Yes please Gerold, and what is the ICAO code?  I can do that.

32 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious set Jack as you make your way across the world.:)

I suppose high rises make a change from trees at the ends of the runway.:rolleyes:

Well at least a chainsaw will take care of the trees, tall buildings is a different story, a pilot must be cautious when landing.

Archived