Fiery Morning

Jordan King

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Very nice.

Is this P3D v4?

& what are you using for your weather & clouds & shading?

TTM

Hi TTM,

This is the default for Flight Sim World, a sim from DovetailGames which Orbx is developing the ground for. The clouds are provided by a feature called TrueSky which uses a volumetric skybox to simulate the sky. The shading is IBL or Image Based Lighting which refracts light off of the ground and clouds. 

Brad provided a link above, but be cautioned that it recently left early access and lacks some features and addons that are still being brought up to standard you see in the sky and plane models. You may be best to catch it on sale, as its price fluctuates quite a bit. :)

9 hours ago, Jordan King said:

Hi TTM,

This is the default for Flight Sim World, a sim from DovetailGames which Orbx is developing the ground for. The clouds are provided by a feature called TrueSky which uses a volumetric skybox to simulate the sky. The shading is IBL or Image Based Lighting which refracts light off of the ground and clouds. 

Brad provided a link above, but be cautioned that it recently left early access and lacks some features and addons that are still being brought up to standard you see in the sky and plane models. You may be best to catch it on sale, as its price fluctuates quite a bit. :)

I have FSW tucked away. Tried it when it 1st came out but stayed with P3D.

The IBL - does that come with FSW or is it an add on?

Then there is AFS2 , (which I also have tucked away) - If you look at Iain's final shots for KEGE, they are pretty stunning.

I have to say I wish all this good stuff was being produced in 1 flightsim instead of 3. :huh:

Easier on the pocket book!

TTM

Archived